6. DAE Tests
2. Transfer Rate Reading Tests
3. CD Error Correction Tests
4. DVD Error Correction Tests
5. Protected Disc Tests
6. DAE Tests
7. Protected AudioCDs
8. CD Recording Tests
9. Writing Quality Tests - 3T Jitter Tests
10. Writing Quality Tests - C1 / C2 Error Measurements
11. DVD Recording Tests
12. PlexTools Scans - Page 1
13. PlexTools Scans - Page 2
14. PlexTools Scans - Page 3
15. PlexTools Scans - Page 4
16. DVD+R DL - Page 1
17. DVD+R DL - Page 2
18. DVDR1640P vs. SA300 - Page 1
19. DVDR1640P vs. SA300 - Page 2
20. DVDR1640P vs. SA300 - Page 3
21. DVDR1640P vs. SA300 - Page 4
22. Booktype BitSetting
24. Firmware P3.2 update - Page 1
25. Firmware P3.2 update - Page 2
Philips DVDR1640P DL Recorder - Page 6
- Pressed and CDR AudioCD results
The DVDR1640P supports up to 40X CAV DAE speed. The following results were reported when using Exact Audio Copy.
The DVDR1640P had the fastest performance. Pioneer follows while TDK was the slowest.
- Advanced DAE Quality
The DVDR1640P achieved a perfect quality score of 100 in Nero's CD Speed Advanced DAE test. The drive can read Leadin data, CD Text and Subchannel data, but cannot read Leadout data. The reported average speed was 28.11X.
- Ripping 90mins AudioCDs
- Ripping 99mins AudioCDs
The drive can also read and rip 99min Audio CDs without any problems. The 90min reported a read error.