8. CD Recording Tests
2. Transfer Rate Reading Tests
3. CD Error Correction Tests
4. DVD Error Correction Tests
5. Protected Disc Tests
6. DAE Tests
7. Protected AudioCDs
8. CD Recording Tests
9. Writing Quality Tests - 3T Jitter Tests
10. Writing Quality Tests - C1 / C2 Error Measurements
11. DVD Recording Tests
12. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 1
13. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 2
14. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 3
15. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 4
16. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 5
17. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 6
18. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 7
19. KProbe/PlexTools Scans - Page 8
20. DVD+R DL - Page 1
21. DVD+R DL - Page 2
22. DW1620A DL vs. SA300 - Page 1
23. DW1620A DL vs. SA300 - Page 2
24. DW1620A DL vs. SA300 - Page 3
25. DW1620A DL vs. SA300 - Page 4
26. Booktype BitSetting
BenQ DW1620A DL Recorder - Page 8
- CD-R Format
The drive supports 8X, 12X, 16X (CLV), 32X and 40X (P-CAV) writing speeds.
According to Nero CDSpeed, the drive reached the maximum 40X speed. The test started at 17.73X and finished at 40.53X having an average speed of 30.32X. Click on the image below to see more detail.
- CD-R Recording Times
For the burning tests, we created an 80min data compilation through Nero Burning Rom and recorded the data on a 700MB disc. The DW1620A finished the task in 3:37 minutes when writing at 40X. The ASUS DRW-1604P and Pioneer DVR-108 cannot really compete due to their lower recording speed (32X).
The writing performance varies according to the inserted media, as our tests showed. Below is a chart listing the corresponding recording times for various media.
- Other features
The DW1620A supports overburning, writing up to 99min. and can read/write CD-Text.
- CD-RW Format
The DW1620A supports 16X CLV, 24X P-CAV rewriting speeds with Ultra Speed Rewritable Media (US-RW). The drive also writes at 4X/10X CLV with HS-RW discs, while NS (1~4X) CD-RW media is not supported. Below you can see the Nero CD-DVD Speed writing simulation test with blank 24x US-RW media from Mitsubishi Chemicals. The average writing speed was 23.40X!
We also used Nero Burning Rom in order to burn a 24X US-RW data disc from MC. The data compilation we burned had a size of 651 MB and the duration of the recording process was 3:58 minutes.
- CD-RW Mount Rainier Tests
The BenQ DW1620A DL does not support the Mount Rainier format.