New BenQ SW320 Flagship Photographer Monitor Released
BenQ today announced the SW320 photographer monitor, a 31.5-inch 4K display with high color performance and High Dynamic Range (HDR) capability.
Spanning a wide color gamut covering 99% of Adobe RGB and 100% of sRGB, Rec. 709, and the digital cinema industry?s DCI-P3 color space, SW320?s 10-bit IPS panel and 14-bit lookup table (LUT) deliver spectacular color quality with precise ‹2 Delta E values.
Augmenting its 31.5-inch IPS panel with 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 resolution and 178˚ H/V viewing angles, SW320 features the following color technologies:
- 99% Adobe RGB Color Gamut and Technicolor Color Certification. SW320 delivers an ultra-wide color gamut to reach 99% of Adobe RGB, a significantly larger color space than sRGB and Rec. 709. Also supporting DCI-P3 as well as 100% of sRGB and Rec. 709, SW320 is certified by Technicolor to meet strict standards for color accuracy used in Hollywood and throughout the media and entertainment industries.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) content support. Increasing the dynamic range between black and white for naturally realistic images, SW320 supports HDR signals through both its HDMI and DisplayPort inputs.
- True 10-Bit Color Depth, 14-Bit 3D LUT, ΔE ‹ 2. Producing over a billion colors for ultra-smooth gradations, SW320?s 14-bit color lookup table guarantees absolute color accuracy as defined by CIE Delta E deviation of less than 2, designating the finest color fidelity exceeding the limits of human vision.
- Palette Master Element Color Calibration. SW320 can be hardware calibrated with a colorimeter and Palette Master Element calibration software for professional work.
- Brightness Uniformity Function. The SW320 achieves brightness uniformity across the entire screen via a meticulous fine-tuning process of hundreds of sub-regions with high-precision apparatus.
- GamutDuo and Advanced Black and White Modes. GamutDuo Mode allows simultaneous side-by-side display of content in two different color spaces, such as Adobe RGB and sRGB. Photos can also be viewed in a black and white film effect, with three presets for photo previews prior to post-processing adjustments
- Hotkey Puck and Pro Shading Hood. The "Hotkey Puck" remote control enables instant switching between color modes and image settings, and the included detachable shading hood works in both portrait and landscape orientations to block ambient light and glare.
Finished in an adjustable stand design engineered to reduce reflection, the also SW320 provides wide connectivity options, including a media card reader, USB 3.0 ports, HDMI 2.0a, and DisplayPort / miniDisplayPort 1.4 supporting Mac Thunderbolt output.