8. CD Recording Tests
2. Transfer Rate Reading Tests
3. CD Error Correction Tests
4. DVD Error Correction Tests
5. Protected Disc Tests
6. DAE Tests
7. Protected AudioCDs
8. CD Recording Tests
9. Writing Quality Tests - Clover System Tests
10. DVD Recording Tests
11. Official supported Media List v1.17
12. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 1
13. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 2
14. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 3
15. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 4
16. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 5
17. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 6
18. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 7
19. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 8
20. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 9
21. Writing Quality Tests - Almedio AEC-1000
22. DVD+R DL - Page 1
23. DVD+R DL - Page 2
24. 109 vs SA300
Pioneer DVR-109 Burner - Page 8
CD Recording Tests
- CD-R Format
The drive supports 4X, 8X, 16X (CLV), 24X (Z-CLV), 32X (P-CAV) and 40X (CAV) writing speeds.
According to Nero CDSpeed, the drive ends the test after 3:00mins. The test started at 17.83X and finished at 40.48X having an average speed of 30.42X.
Although Nero reported that some discs burned successfully at 40X, the time needed was close to 4:30min. For this reason we made some simulation tests with those discs. As it can be seen, the true speed was 32X, while the writing strategy depends on the inserted disc.
- CD-R Recording Times
We created an 80min data compilation with Nero Burning Rom and recorded it on a 700MB disc. The writing performance varies according to the inserted media. Below is a chart with all the recording times for the various media.
Below is another graph that displays the recording times for the same project with all the tested drives. The Plextor PX-716A has the lowest recording time due to its 48X recording speed.
- Other features
The drive can only overburn only up to 82mins:
- CD-RW Format
The drive supports both the HS-RW and US-RW formats. With US-RW media, 10X, 16X (CLV), 20X and 24X (Z-CLV) writing speeds are available, as Nero reports.
Below you can see the Nero CD-DVD Speed writing simulation test with blank 24X US-RW media from Mitsubishi Chemicals.
We also used Nero Burning Rom in order to burn a data disc at 24X. The data compilation we burned had a size of 651 MB and the duration of the recording process was 3:45 minutes.
- CD-RW Mount Rainier
The drive doesn't support the Mount Rainier feature.