Plextools XL - Page 1
Plextor recently announced a new, more powerful version of the well known Plextools, with the "XL" extension. We had the chance to review Plextools XL and in this short preview, we will take a look at the main, new features along with our thoughts, for the current build.
- What are Plextools XL?
The question can be answered by simply visiting Plextools website "...Based on existing solid code, PlexTools Professional XL offers more features and extra options. The new layout with resizable windows and improved graphs, enhanced audio functions and project options as well as the unique update check system are designed and tuned for the demanding user..."
- What are the main differences between Plextools and Plextools XL?
Looking again at Plextor's website, the user can easily spot the major changes:
- The PlexTools Professional XL GUI consists of 3 independent windows with a redesigned look
- The test functions have been updated with new, stylish graphical displays.
- PlexTools Professional XL automatically checks the software's and all drives firmware for the latest version and updates it immediately if necessary. A similar version is available for the PlexTools Professional software version.
- Both the AudioCDMaker and Disc Extraction functions have been expanded with CueSheet support and extra options.
- The Disc Maker function has the option to load and save projects and a new DVD-Video project has been added that allows burning an existing DVD-Video image to disc.
- Several smaller changes and options have been added and are planned for future releases.
- Can I upgrade from my current Plextools to the XL version?
Unfortunately, Plextor's current policy doesn't offer any type of discount for existing Plextools users, meaning if you wish to buy the Plextools Professional XL, you will have to pay around €40! Plextools Professional XL is exclusively available for purchase online and comes with a 2 year, free-of-charge update license.