3. Akasa AK-925 Revo
2. Akasa AK-965
3. Akasa AK-925 Revo
4. Asus Silent Knight II
5. Asus Triton 75
6. GlacialTech Igloo 5160
7. Noctua NH-U12F
8. OCZ Vendetta
9. Scythe Andy Samurai Master
10. Scythe Kama Cross
11. Scythe Infinity (Mugen)
12. Scythe Ninja Mini
13. SunbeamTech.com Silent Whisper
14. Titan Amanda Tec
15. Titan TTC-NK34TZ
16. Titan Vanessa L-Type
17. Tuniq Tower 120
18. Zalman CNPS8700NT
19. Zalman CNPS9700LED
20. Zaward VIVO
21. Test methodology
22. Results - Idle
23. Results - Load
24. Results - Noise
Revo is a totally new class of CPU cooler powered by "bubble-pump" technology. Revo has been developed by Akasa Europe. At the heart of the cooler is "SilentFlux" a technology developed in Denmark. SilentFlux utilises a unique dual-component coolant to drive the bubble pump. This product and its patented technology is unique to Akasa.
Revo marks a revolution in the development of Silent CPU cooling: it is quieter and more efficient than heatpipe coolers, significantly cooler than conventional heatsinks and easier to fit (and safer) than watercoolers.
Revo does not use a conventional heatsink. At the heart of this technology is a "bubble pump" (no moving parts, dual component fluid) which silently shifts heat instantly to an aluminium eight port radiator with approximately 1200cm sq. of profiled fine fins that rapidly dissipates heat. Due to the high thermal efficiency the fan can operate at low speeds, effectively eliminating fan noise. Vents in the fan -mount direct cool air to surrounding components, motherboard, VRM’s, chipset etc.
Revo can be used with a 92mm smart (PWM) fan or fan-less for lower wattage CPU’s.This cooler is all aluminium and consequently lightweight, and can be easily fitted tool-free without Motherboard removal .
- How Revo works ?
Revo uses SilentFlux® technology.
- Heat is absorbed from the CPU into a chamber which stores a specially designed dual-component liquid-coolant
- From the CPU chamber heat moves to the radiator along the up-pipe of a hermetically sealed circuit. The specially designed dual-component liquid-coolant works with a bubble pump to force the heat rapidly to the radiator
- Heat is dispersed from the radiator by a 92mm fan rotating at low speed
- The dual-component coolant is cooled by the airflow from the fan and returns along the down-pipe of the sealed circuit to the chamber for re-use
- Dual platform: AMD and INTEL
- Utilizes new SilentFlux Technology
- Revolutionary bubble pump with no moving parts
- Unique radiator design with over 1200cm square of dissipation surface
- Fan is mounted on four cushion dampers. Noise is virtually eliminated
- Ultra quiet misty blue 92mm PWM fan silently cools the radiator
- Specially designed fan bracket redirects part of the airflow onto motherboard zones cooling VRMs
- Full Specifications
AMD Socket 939 / AM2
|Cooler dimension||132 x 90 x 138mm (W, D, H)|
|Fan dimension||92 x 92 x 25mm|
|Fan speed||600 - 2200 R.P.M.|
|Fan connector||4-pin (PWM)|
|Fan airflow||11.44 - 41.96CFM|
|Fan air pressure||0.85 - 3.13 mm H20|
|Fan life expectancy||45000/hrs|
|Bearing type||Ball bearing|
|Noise level||17 – 26 dB(A)|
- Retail package
The retail package of the Akasa Revo included all the needed logos to show what this product is about.
Opening the package, unveils its contents, everything is well placed and secured. There are mounting mechanisms for AM2 and Socket 775 platforms. You will also find a printed manual in several languages.
Let's now examine the Akasa Revo cooler. The design is unique for sure. In the middle we can find a 92mm fan supporting PWM. At left we can find the bubble pump pipe and the return pipe.
At the back, there's the small radiator.
The bottom includes the support stand, the liquid reservoir and the heatsink chamber
The base is made out of aluminium and the whole weight is low (330gr). This could be easily the lightest cooler of this roundup.
The installation procedure is simple. First you need to secure the included Socket 775 base and lift up the two retaining clips.
Gently insert the cooler and place it at the base. Secure the cooler with the two retaining clips. Lock it by pushing them down and outwards so it's latched securely.
Take a note here, the Akasa Revo works only when the case is standing up, this means that the radiator must face the power supply. Akasa recommends for best performance that the Revo should be installed with the radiator on top. The cooler will also work with the radiator on the right side, but not with the radiator at the bottom or at the left. The Akasa Revo doesn't occupy much space inside the case...
|Copper Base quality|