Thermaltake Technology was founded in 1999 and has since become one of the top brands in cooling solutions, high grade chassis, power supplies and other products. In 2003, Thermaltake designed the PurePower, a 360 W- 560 W, high-efficiency low-noise power supply which incorporates a 12cm fan with adjustable speed.
The Pure Power 500W PSU is a powerful solution for extreme, and not only, users. The most important features of the PSU are summarized below:
- Modularized Cable Management design eliminates clutter and improves airflow inside the case
- Compliant with ATX 12V 2.0 version
- Dual PCI-Express connectors, 4 SATA connectors, and nine 4-pin power connectors
- Dual PCI-E Connectors- Nvidia SLI (Scalable Link Interface) Compliant
- Active PFC, increased energy efficiency, reduced current load on AC delivery systems and improved output voltage stability
- 5.25" Drive Bay embedded, a Total Watts Meter Module to read power consumption
- Fan Speed Controller (Connect to 5.25" drive bay, connect to 2 channels.)
- Protection against Over voltage, Short-Circuit, Over-current, Overload, and Over-temperature
- Safety / EMI Approvals: CB,CE, FCC, UL, CUL, TUV certification
|Maximum Power||500 Watts|
|Switches||ATX Logic on-off additional power rocker switch|
(Power Factor Correction)
|Cooling System||Blue LED 12cm Fan:
Speed 1300~2800 RPM
Dimensions 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Temperature Auto Control
|P. G. Signal||100-500ms|
|Over Voltage Protection recycle AC to reset||+5V trip point < +7.0V
+3.3V trip point < +4.5V
+12V trip point <+16V
|Net Weight||2.0 kg|
|Noise||17dBA at 1300RPM|
|Input Voltage||115 VAC / 230 VAC|
|Input Frequency Range||50 ~ 60 Hz|
|Load Reg.||+5% ~ -5%||+5% ~ -5%||+5% ~ -5%||+5% ~ -5%||+10% ~ -10%||+5% ~ -5%|
Our first impression after opening the retail package was rather good. Everything is packaged in an orderly manner inside several boxes.
We checked to make sure our package contained everything, among them the PSU, an extra 12cm fan and the front panel device were things we expected to see. There's also all the necessary screws included for mounting the PSU and its peripherals on your system.
The included cables are more than you can expect:
The included 12cm fan is intended to operate as the case fan. The rotation speed of this fan can be controlled through the Total Watts Viewer 5.25" Driver Bay Application.
The following device is the Total Watts Viewer 5.25" Driver Bay Application. There are two controllers, one for the case fan and one for the PSU fan. Also in the middle there is a LED screen which displays the power consumption.