6. Moser Baer
3. Blue Ray
6. Moser Baer
26. Arctic Cooling
35. Nero p1
36. Nero p2
37. ASUS - Page 1
38. ASUS - Page 2
39. ASUS - Page 3
Interview With Moser Baer
At CeBIT this year, CDRinfo met with Mr. D. P. Nanda, General Manager of the optical storage company Moser Baer (photo below).
Moser Baer is a developer and manufacturer of removable data storage media with a broad product range including floppy disks, compact discs (CDs) and digital versatile discs (DVDs) with replication services for the Indian movie industry.
Baer manufactures Recordable Compact Discs (CD-R), Rewritable Compact Discs
(CD-RW), Pre-recorded CD/DVD, Digital Versatile Discs (DVD-R) and Rewritable
Digital Versatile Disks (DVD-RW) and "LightScribe" enabled media.
The majority of Moser Baer's production is sold to OEM manufacturers (60%) and the rest is retailed under its own brand name (40%).
Mr. Nanda claims that Moser Baer is the world's second largest optical storage media manufacturer after CMC Magnetics.
He added that they manufacture 1.5 million CDs and 50 million DVDs every year. Among their yearly production, 2 million discs are Lightscribe" technology media, which are mainly OEM manufactured for other brand names.
The company is ready to release discs in the HD DVD format and by the end of 2006, Moser Baer will introduce its first Blu-ray media.
Mr. Nanda also mentioned that Mitsubishi Chemicals is their main supplier for the dye material used in the media.
Moser Baer's booth at CeBIt was located in Hall 3, Stand C03 and was one of the largest booths in the optical storage industry.