Like Iomega's Super DVD internal and external drives, the QuikTouch Video Burner USB 2.0 external drive can play and record all major CD and DVD formats. By integrating the video capture electronics with the DVD writer Iomega has made the entire video transfer and burning process as simple as pressing a button. Key features of the new drive include the following:
- QuikTouch button. Simply press the QuikTouch button and push "Play" on the source VCR or camcorder. QuikTouch detects the recording media, launches the software, captures the video and burns the disc automatically.
- Built-in video capture card. No need to open the PC; an integrated video capture card handles high-quality video transfer from any VCR or camcorder.
- One-Step recording. One-step recording from source tapes.
- Dolby(R) Digital encoding. Helps fit up to 50 percent more video on each disc.
- All-format capability. DVD+R/+RW (4x2.4x12x), DVD-R/-RW (4x2x12x), DVD-RAM (3x), and CD-R/RW (24x16x32x).
- Fast CD ripping. 24x DAE (digital audio extraction) of audio CDs.
- Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) interface. Standard high-speed connectivity.
- Versatile capture options. High, medium, or low resolution settings for up to six hours of video transfer. Captured file also remains on hard drive for easy editing.
- End-of-video detection. Automatically detects end of captured video.
Bundled software includes Sonic MyDVD® video-editing software, Sonic Cineplayer(TM) software for the highest quality video playback, MusicMatch(TM) Jukebox music management software and Adobe® Photoshop® Album SE photo management software.
Also included is Iomega's HotBurn® Pro software for easy DVD and CD burning, which complements Windows® XP by adding true drag-and-drop file recording, an integrated console interface, integrated DVD and CD copying and imaging, audio and MP3 compilation creation, and a jewel case editor. Other features include a graphical audio layout editor; pop, click and hiss removal filters; and bootable CD creation.
To complete the package, Iomega's QuikTouch Video Burner drive also includes Iomega® Automatic Backup software, a PC Magazine Editor's Choice for real-time backup software (June 17, 2003, edition). Iomega Automatic Backup provides continuous real-time backup to any drive letter, optionally saves multiple revisions and keeps multiple backup sets on different destination drives, allows users to exclude files by file type, and can perform scheduled backups and even cache backups temporarily when the destination drive is not available. Iomega Automatic Backup is also available separately at www.iomega.com for $39.95.
Price and Availability:
The Iomega® Super DVD QuikTouch(TM) Video Burner USB 2.0 external drive for Windows® PCs is expected to begin shipping in early December 2003 for $399 (U.S. suggested retail).