7. Protected AudioCDs
2. Transfer Rate Reading Tests
3. CD Error Correction Tests
4. DVD Error Correction Tests
5. Protected Disc Tests
6. DAE Tests
7. Protected AudioCDs
8. CD Recording Tests
9. Writing Quality Tests - C1 / C2 Error Measurements
10. Writing Quality Tests - Clover System Tests
11. DVD Recording Tests
12. Media Support list - -R/-RW/-R9 (DL) media
13. Media Support list - +R/+RW/+R9 (DL) media
14. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 1
15. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 2
16. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 3
17. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 4
18. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 5
19. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 6
20. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 7
21. Writing Quality Tests - Almedio AEC-1000
22. DVD+R DL - Page 1
23. DVD+R DL - Page 2
24. BookType Setting
For the test procedure we used three audio discs with different audio copy protections. The ripping process on all protected Audio discs was carried out with Exact Audio Copy v0.9 beta5.
The tested protected Audio discs were:
- Sony's Key2Audio from "Celine Dion - New Day Has Come"
- Cactus Data Shield 200 from "Natalie Imbruglia - White Lilies Island"
The Cactus Data Shield 200, contains artificial errors that are not easily bypassed by the reader, while the Key2Audio contains a second session causing problems for readers when trying to read the Table Of Contents (TOC).
The tested tasks are:
- Recognition of the inserted disc (Yes/No).
- Ripping all wavs (with EAC's Burst Mode) to the hard disk with copy&compare function.
- Listening to the produced wavs for any click/skips.
The drive recognized up to the 12th Audio track of the CDS200 disc,
and with the "Retrieve Native TOC" option removed, the drive recognized the 13th track.
The test results are shown in the following table:
|Ripping process completed, EAC reports no problems, Read&Test CRC comparison successful for all tracks||Ripping process completed, EAC reports no problems, Read&Test CRC comparison successful for all tracks|
According to the table above, the ND-3530A can rip 100% accurately both CDS200 and Key2Audio protected discs. It should be noted that this is the first NEC based model that can actually copy flawlessly CDS200 discs, since with ND-3520A and ND-3500A, the Read&Test CRC check comparison was not the same for corresponding tracks between the original and backup CDs.
- Cactus Data Shield 200.0.4 - 3.0 build 16a (Aiko Katsukino - The Love Letter)
This is a "special" CDS200 build, since it doesn't contain any artificial errors which create problems during the ripping process. Most problems occur when trying to write the ripped wav files, since the produced CD-R disc contains C2 and CU errors! This "problem" is rumored to be connected to specific chipset weaknesses.
We ripped the disc contents with EAC and burned the wav file produced from the Cactus Data Shield 200.0.4 - 3.0 build 16a disc with the latest Nero version as Audio CD+CD-Text. The burned media was checked for C1/C2 errors and for BETA/Jitter errors with PlexTools software using Plextor PX-716A (firmware v1.05).
|NEC ND-3530A||CDS 200.0.4 - 3.0 build 16a|
|Reading performed without any errors.|
- C1C2 Error rate from PleXWriter PX-716A (8X CLV reading speed)
- BETA/Jitter Error rate from PleXWriter PX-716A
The C1/C2 error graphs show that the ND-3530A managed to produce a 100% error free disc.
We then tried to extract all wav files with the Plextor PX-716A and PlexTools DAE Error Correction 5th Level enabled:
No errors were reported after extracting all files. The drive can backup the disc 100% accurately.