1. The drive - Specifications
2. Reading tests
3. CD error correction
4. DVD error correction
5. CD-R burning - Ritek 40x
6. CD-R burning - CMC MAG 40x
7. CD-RW burning - Verbatim 24x
8. DVD+R burning - CMC MAG M01 12x
9. DVD+R burning - Prodisc R04 12x
10. DVD+R burning - RICOHJPN R03 12x
11. DVD+R burning - MCC 004 12x
12. DVD+R burning - YUDEN T03 12x
13. DVD-R burning - CMC MAG AM3 12x
14. DVD-R burning - MCC 03RG20 12x
15. DVD-R burning - RITEKF1 12x
16. DVD-R burning - TTH02 12x
17. DVD-R burning TYG03 12x
18. DVD+RW burning MKM A03 8x
19. DVD-RW burning - MKM 01RW6X01 6x
20. DVD+R DL burning - MKM003
21. DVD-R DL burning - MKM03RD30
22. Summary of DVD Recording tests, Bittseting, overburning
23. BD-R SL burning - TDKBLDRBB 4x
24. BD-RE SL burning - MEI (001) 2x
25. BD-R SL burning - PHILIPR02 4x
26. BD-RE DL burning - TDKBLDWfa 2x
27. BD-R SL burning - VERBATIMc (000) 4x
28. Blu-Ray Playback tests
LiteOn's second generation of Blu-ray burners is the new DH-4B1S. Its manufacturers call it "Triple Writer", meaning that it can burn all types of optical storage media currently available (except for DVD-RAM). BD-R burning speed is set at 4X which is a good speed - although not the best that you can fnd on the market.The drive can be connected to any PC using a Serial-ATA interface, ensuring that data transfer will never slow down the process of BD reading/playback.
The drive can burn BD-RE media at 2X, DVD±R media at 12X, DVD±R DL at 8X, DVD+RW at 8X, DVD-RW at 6X, CD-R at 40X and CD-RW at 24X.
Reading speeds are also set high, with the DH-4B1S being able to read BD-ROM media at 4X, DVD-ROM media at 12X and CD-R/RW media at 40X.
- Drive Features & Specification
- Retail Box
The Retail Box offers the following:
- Blu-ray Disc Drive
- Application software kits disc
- Quick User's guide
- BD-RE disc
- SATA data cable
- Mounting Screws
- The Drive
The drive is powered by the PNX78668L chipset, manufactured by Sunext Technology Co.. Sunext is a subsidiary of Sunplus Technology Co., Ltd. and holds the Philips Optical Disc Drive (ODD) semiconductor technology and patents, since 2006. The company also provides design and manufacturing services for Philips and thus, PLDS.
Our test sample was manufactured on April 2008 in China.
The drive was connected to the PC via its SATA interface and was recognized as "ATAPI BD B DH 4B1S 7P5A"
The current firmware of the drive at the time of the tests being performed, is the "7P5A".