4. DVD error correction
2. Reading tests
3. CD error correction
4. DVD error correction
5. CD-R burning - Ritek 40x
6. CD-R burning - CMC MAG 40x
7. CD-RW burning - Verbatim 24x
8. DVD+R burning - CMC MAG M01 12x
9. DVD+R burning - Prodisc R04 12x
10. DVD+R burning - RICOHJPN R03 12x
11. DVD+R burning - MCC 004 12x
12. DVD+R burning - YUDEN T03 12x
13. DVD-R burning - CMC MAG AM3 12x
14. DVD-R burning - MCC 03RG20 12x
15. DVD-R burning - RITEKF1 12x
16. DVD-R burning - TTH02 12x
17. DVD-R burning TYG03 12x
18. DVD+RW burning MKM A03 8x
19. DVD-RW burning - MKM 01RW6X01 6x
20. DVD+R DL burning - MKM003
21. DVD-R DL burning - MKM03RD30
22. Summary of DVD Recording tests, Bittseting, overburning
23. BD-R SL burning - TDKBLDRBB 4x
24. BD-RE SL burning - MEI (001) 2x
25. BD-R SL burning - PHILIPR02 4x
26. BD-RE DL burning - TDKBLDWfa 2x
27. BD-R SL burning - VERBATIMc (000) 4x
28. Blu-Ray Playback tests
In the following tests, we examine the DVD reading capabilities of the drive (error correction) with scratched / defective DVD media. For the tests, we used CDVD Benchmark and Nero CDSpeed. The reference test media comes from ALMEDIO.
- Single Layer media
This is a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM with a 4.7GB capacity, and its surface has an artificial scratch of dimensions varying from 0.4 to 3.0 mm.
In the following tests, we examine the DVD reading capabilities of the drive (error correction) with scratched / defective DVD media. For the tests, we used CDVD Benchmark and Nero Disc Speed. The reference test media comes from ALMEDIO.
A flawless reading without any problems and without droping speed in order to read the disc.
This is also a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM of 4.7GB capacity. The data structure of the disc is exactly the same as that of the TDR-821, with the difference that there are no scratches on it but instead, defective areas of dimensions ranging from 0.5 to 1.1 mm. There are also fingerprints sized between 65 and 75 micrometers.
Another good reading here.
- Dual Layer media
This is an 8.5GB dual layer, single sided DVD-ROM disc with artificial scratches of dimensions ranging from 0.4 to 3.0mm, on both layers.
Same as before, a prtetty good performance.
The disc is a single sided, dual layer DVD-ROM disc with a capacity of 8.5GB. The only difference between the TDR-845 and the TDR-841 is that the first includes defective areas and fingerprints.
The same applies here, too.
The TDV-541 is a single sided, dual layer DVD-VIDEO disc, with a capacity of 8.5GB.The disc is based upon the TDV-540 series which is designed for inspection and adjustment of DVD-VIDEO players. The disc checks the layer switch operation from layer 0 to layer 1 and also includes test pictures and test signals for DVD sound files.
The drive was not able to successfully read the defective disc.
The TDV-545 disc is based on the TDV-540 series. It is a single sided, dual layer DVD-VIDEO disc with a capacity of 8.5GB.The TDV-545 includes artificial black dots on the data surface, sized from 0.4 to 1.0 mm. It also has 65 - 75 micrometer fingerprints.
Flawless reading here.
Overall, the DVD error correction mechanisms are generally good, with an exception the "scratched" dual-layer DVD Video disc.