4. DVD error correction tests
2. CD/DVD reading tests
3. CD error correction tests
4. DVD error correction tests
5. CD-R burning - Ritek 48x
6. CD-R burning - CMC MAG 48x
7. CD-RW burning - Verbatim 32x
8. About the DaTARIUS 2x Analyzer
9. DVD-R burning - CMCMAG AM3 16x
10. DVD-R burning - MCC 03RG20 18x
11. DVD-R burning - PRODISCS05 16x
12. DVD-R burning - RITEKF1 16x
13. DVD-R burning - TTH02 18x
14. DVD-R burning - TYG03 20x
15. DVD+R burning - DAXON AZ3 16x
16. DVD+R burning - MAXELL 003 16x
17. DVD+R burning - MCC 004 16x
18. DVD+R burning - RPODISC R05 16x
19. DVD+R burning - RICOHJPN R03 004 16x
20. DVD+R burning - RPODISC R04 16x
21. DVD+R burning - YUDEN000 T03 18x
22. DVD-RW burning - MKM 01RW6X01 6x
23. DVD+RW burning - MKM A03 8x
24. DVD-R DL burning - MKM 03RD30 8x
25. DVD+R DL burning - MKM 003 8x
26. DVD-RAM burning - MXL22 12x
27. Summary of DVD recording tests
28. EZ-DUB page 1
29. EZ-DUB page 2
30. Final words
In the following tests, we examine the DVD reading capabilities of the drive (error correction) with scratched / defective DVD media. For the tests, we used the Nero CDSpeed software and not the usual CDVD Benchmark, since the latter does not work with external drives. The reference test media comes from ALMEDIO.
- Single Layer media
This is a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM with a 4.7GB capacity, and its surface has an artificial scratch of dimensions varying from 0.4 to 3.0 mm.
This is also a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM of 4.7GB capacity. The data structure of the disc is exactly the same as that of the TDR-821, with the difference that there are no scratches on it but instead, defective areas of dimensions ranging from 0.5 to 1.1 mm. There are also fingerprints sized between 65 and 75 micrometers.
Both SL media were read successfully with only some speed fluctuations appearing.
- Dual Layer media
This is an 8.5GB dual layer, single sided DVD-ROM disc with artificial scratches of dimensions ranging from 0.4 to 3.0mm, on both layers.
The disc is a single sided, dual layer DVD-ROM disc with a capacity of 8.5GB. The only difference between the TDR-845 and the TDR-841 is that the first includes defective areas and fingerprints.
The two DL media were also read successfully, overcoming all the defects.
The TDV-541 is a single sided, dual layer DVD-VIDEO disc, with a capacity of 8.5GB.The disc is based upon the TDV-540 series which is designed for inspection and adjustment of DVD-VIDEO players. The disc checks the layer switch operation from layer 0 to layer 1 and also includes test pictures and test signals for DVD sound files.
The drive was not able to read the disc, as it approached the end of the first layer.
The TDV-545 disc is based on the TDV-540 series. It is a single sided, dual layer DVD-VIDEO disc with a capacity of 8.5GB.The TDV-545 includes artificial black dots on the data surface, sized from 0.4 to 1.0 mm. It also has 65 - 75 micrometer fingerprints.
A good reading here, overcoming any defects.