1. Introduction, features
2. CD/DVD reading tests
3. CD error correction tests
4. DVD error correction tests
5. CD-R burning - Ritek 48x
6. CD-R burning - CMC MAG 48x
7. CD-RW burning - Verbatim 32x
8. About the DaTARIUS 2x Analyzer
9. DVD-R burning - CMCMAG AM3 16x
10. DVD-R burning - MCC 03RG20 18x
11. DVD-R burning - PRODISCS05 16x
12. DVD-R burning - RITEKF1 16x
13. DVD-R burning - TTH02 18x
14. DVD-R burning - TYG03 20x
15. DVD+R burning - DAXON AZ3 16x
16. DVD+R burning - MAXELL 003 16x
17. DVD+R burning - MCC 004 16x
18. DVD+R burning - RPODISC R05 16x
19. DVD+R burning - RICOHJPN R03 004 16x
20. DVD+R burning - RPODISC R04 16x
21. DVD+R burning - YUDEN000 T03 18x
22. DVD-RW burning - MKM 01RW6X01 6x
23. DVD+RW burning - MKM A03 8x
24. DVD-R DL burning - MKM 03RD30 8x
25. DVD+R DL burning - MKM 003 8x
26. DVD-RAM burning - MXL22 12x
27. Summary of DVD recording tests
28. EZ-DUB page 1
29. EZ-DUB page 2
30. Final words
Lite-On released last February its second generation of DVD burners featuring the EZ-DUB function, a patented new feature that makes copying easier and more hassle-free for users than ever before. Two buttons are placed on the top side of the external drive, allowing easy disc copy or creation of DVD data compilations without needing to have any third-party burning software installed on your PC.
With its high writing speeds, the new DH20A4P comes to claim the top position among the external DVD-ReWriters. Its reading speeds are also set high enough, complementing its good specification list. Let's take a look at the key features:
- Key Features
- High speed 20X DVD±R media burning.
- EZ-DUB a patented innovation for easy copying and backing-up.
- Easy software included.
- Supports DVD+/-R Double Layer and DVD-RAM writing.
- Smart-Write - Self-learning technology ensuring best writing quality with all media.
- SMART-BURN for efficient recording minimizes buffer under conditions.
- SMART-X for fastest CD-DA/VCD/DVD data extraction speed.
- Flash ROM supports on-line programming capability.
- Power saving mode.
|DVD+R||20X maximum by CAV|
|DVD-R||20X maximum by CAV|
|DVD+R9||8X maximum by Zone CLV|
|DVD-R9||8X maximum by Zone CLV|
|DVD-RAM||12X maximum by PCAV|
|DVD+RW||8X by Z-CLV|
|Read||16X maximum by CAV|
|CD-R||48X by CAV|
|CD-RW||32X maximum by Z-CLV in UltraSpeed disc|
|Read||48X(7200KB/sec) maximum by CAV|
|Pentium 4 1.3GHz or higher CPU and 128MB or higher RAM are required.|
|HDD must have access time < 20ms; with a minimum of 650MB free
|9GB free space for creating a DVD image file (9GB for double layer; 5GB for single layer).|
|Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP|
|Operating||5°C to 35°C; Relative Humidity: 15% to 80%|
|Non-Operating||-40°C to 60°C; Relative Humidity: 15% to 95%|
|Dimension||165(W) x 58(H) x 192(D) mm|
- Retail package
The drive's retail package includes the following:
LiteOn DX-20A4PU EZ-DUB external drive
Quick installation and operation guide
CD kit for application software (EZ-DUB software, Nero 7 Essentials)
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 standard cable
AC/DC power adapter (100V to 240V)
The drive comes with a very stylish external case as you can see in the photos below:
On the rear panel, you can see the USB and power ports, as well as an On/OFF switch.
Once powered on, the two buttons placed on the top side of the drive light up. These are used for the EZ-DUB operation, as we will see later on.
Our test sample was manufactured on the November 2007 in China.
- InstallationThe drive was connected as a USB device, and was recognized as "ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P".