2. CD/DVD reading tests
2. CD/DVD reading tests
3. CD error correction tests
4. DVD error correction tests
5. CD-R burning - Ritek 48x
6. CD-R burning - CMC MAG 48x
7. CD-RW burning - Verbatim 32x
8. About the DaTARIUS 2x Analyzer
9. DVD-R burning - CMCMAG AM3 16x
10. DVD-R burning - MCC 03RG20 18x
11. DVD-R burning - PRODISCS05 16x
12. DVD-R burning - RITEKF1 16x
13. DVD-R burning - TTH02 18x
14. DVD-R burning - TYG03 20x
15. DVD+R burning - DAXON AZ3 16x
16. DVD+R burning - MAXELL 003 16x
17. DVD+R burning - MCC 004 16x
18. DVD+R burning - RPODISC R05 16x
19. DVD+R burning - RICOHJPN R03 004 16x
20. DVD+R burning - RPODISC R04 16x
21. DVD+R burning - YUDEN000 T03 18x
22. DVD-RW burning - MKM 01RW6X01 6x
23. DVD+RW burning - MKM A03 8x
24. DVD-R DL burning - MKM 03RD30 8x
25. DVD+R DL burning - MKM 003 8x
26. DVD-RAM burning - MXL22 12x
27. Summary of DVD recording tests
28. EZ-DUB page 1
29. EZ-DUB page 2
30. Final words
For our CD transfer rate tests, we used the Nero CD-Speed utility and a set of data and audio CD-R/RW/ROM. The drive can read CD media at a maximum speed of 48X. The results of two other 20x DVD burners have been included in the charts for comparison.
For each CDSpeed graph, you can click on the image to see the complete screenshot of the software, including the measuring results.
- US RW
The following CD Speed graph shows the reading performance with US-RW media. For all the CDSpeed graphs, you can click on the image to see the full CDspeed snapshot.
In the CD Speed Advanced DAE quality test, the drive's average speed was 33.20X with a quality score of 100.
- 90/99 mins Audio disc
Both the 90min and the 99 min audio CDs gave a read error, as you can see in the screenshots above.
- DVD Format
Now let's have a look at how the drive performs with DVD media. This time, a set of SL and DL DVD media was used. The drive is capable of reading at 12X maximum speed for single layer DVD ROM and at 12X for dual layer DVD ROM media.
DVD-ROM SL media -
PTP DVD-ROM -
The two layers of a PTP DVD-ROM disc are read sequentially with the drive starting reading from the inner part of the disc, which is the beginning of each layer, progressing towards its outer range.
OTP DVD-ROM -
The first layer of an OTP dual layer DVD-ROM is read exactly the same way as the first layer of the PTP disc we tested previously. The difference here is the reading strategy of the second layer of the disc. The beginning of the second layer is located in the outer part of the disc, so the drive starts reading from the outer tracks and progresses towards the inner part of the disc.
- DVD-R DL
- DVD+R DL
- DVD Ripping speed
Average 11.911KB/s (8.6x)
Maximum 17.127KB/s (12.4x)
Reading of both pressed and recordable DVD media produced slight fluctuations at the speed. However, the media was read successfully and the average speed was OK.