1. OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum Low-Voltage Triple Channel
OCZ Technology has developed the new PC3-12800 Platinum Edition to offer enthusiasts a memory solution that takes full advantage of all the capabilities of the Intel X58 chipset. At 1600MHz, the OCZ PC3-12800 Platinum is rated to run CL7-7-7 promising to take these next generation platforms to new heights.
The OCZ PC3-12800 triple-channel memory kits are designed specifically for the Intel Core i7 processor / Intel X58 Express Chipset. Optimized for the Core i7’s triple channel mode, these new 3GB, 6GB, and 12GB kits are designed to offer optimal performance via a combination of low voltage requirements, speed, and latency.
Developed for enthusiasts and early-adopters, the low voltage OCZ Triple Channel solutions are the choice counterparts for high performance that won’t inhibit the functionality of Core i7 CPUs. In addition, modules are tested in matched triplets ensuring compatibility.
OCZ’s Triple Channel kits are 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and feature propriety XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heat spreaders for effective heat dissipation. Furthermore, each OCZ memory module is backed by the OCZ's Lifetime Warranty and technical support.
- Main features
- 1600MHz DDR3
- CL 7-7-7-24 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
- Available in 3GB, 6GB and 12GB Triple Channel Optimized kits
- Platinum Z3 XTC Heat spreader*
- Lifetime Warranty
- 1.65 Volts
- 240 Pin DIMM
- Part Numbers: 6GB (3x2048MB) T/C Kit PN - OCZ3P1600LV6GK
* XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heat spreaders optimize the thermal management of memory modules by promoting greater airflow by means of micro-convection throughout what is usually the dead air space inside conventional heat spreader designs. In this manner, build-up of heat is avoided and thermal dissipation of the memory components is offloaded more efficiently through the honeycomb design. At the same time, mechanical stability is maintained.
- Retail package
OCZ provided us with the retail package of 3x2048MB memory modules (OCZ3P1600LV6GK). The retail price of the kit is around $200. The memory modules come packaged in a hard plastic shell:
A sticker at the side of each module includes a small logo, the memory's part number, rating and of course its optimal cache latency. The modules are equipped with OCZ's platinum heat-spreader:
A big 'Z3 ' product logo is also embossed on both sides of the heat spreader:
We installed the modules and fired up the CPU-Z v1.52.2 utility in order to show you more information about the memory. The OCZ OCZ3P1600LV6GK supports the standard JEDEC timings for various frequencies, 380/457/533 and 609MHz. On the other hand Intel's XMP profiles are not supported: