Toshiba today announced that its XS700 Series of portable and ruggedized solid state drives (SSDs) is now available.
Built with Toshiba Memory Corporation's in-house 3D flash memory, 64-layer BiCS FLASH, the XS700 is a portable storage featuring USB 3.1 Gen 2 support and the latest USB Type-CTM connector. This makes Toshiba's new SSD compatible with the latest MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac computers - as well as Windows-based systems.
The drive is covered in aluminum, is shock-proof and has been drop-test certified at a height of two meters. Other security-focused features include a utility that enables users to password-protect their drives and conduct maintenance, monitoring and additional tuning.
Initially available with a capacity of 240 gigabytes, Toshiba's XS700 drives come with a three-year warranty and can be purchased now.
- Transfer Read Speed: Up to 550 MB/s
- Transfer Write Speed: Up to 500 MB/s
- Capacity: 240GB
- NAND Flash Memory Type: 3D BiCS Flash
- Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 2 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 2.0
- Interface Protocol: Support UASP mode
- Interface Connector: USB Type-C
- Cable Specifications: USB 3.1 Cable Gen 2 Type-C to A
- Cable Length: 450 mm (17.72 inches)
- Accesory: USB Type-A to Type-C adapter
- Dimension (L x W x H): 95 x 75 x 11 mm
- Drive Weight: Max 90g
- Shock Resistance (Non-Operating): 2 meter drop
- Password Protection: Password functionality is currently only supported on the Windows version of SSD Utility
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Mac OS X High Sierra, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9
- Factory Format: exFAT
- 3-Year Standard Warranty
- Software: SSD Utility (SSD management software)