6. DAE Tests
2. Transfer Rate Reading Tests
3. CD Error Correction Tests
4. DVD Error Correction Tests
5. Protected Disc Tests
6. DAE Tests
7. Protected AudioCDs
8. CD Recording Tests
9. Writing Quality Tests - C1 / C2 Error Measurements
10. Writing Quality Tests - Clover System Tests
11. DVD Recording Tests
12. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 1
13. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 2
14. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 3
15. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 4
16. CDSpeed/PlexTools Scans - Page 5
17. Writing Quality Tests - Almedio AEC-1000
18. DVD+R DL - Page 1
19. DVD+R DL - Page 2
20. BookType Setting
- Pressed and CDR AudioCD results
The ND-3540A supports up to 40X CAV DAE speed. The following results were reported when using Nero CD-Speed software.
The BenQ and LiteOn drives support up to 48X DAE speed, while the NEC only up to 40X. Hence the differences in average speed.
The NEC ND-3540A drive can report C2 errors, but caching is not supported, as with most NEC based drives.
- Advanced DAE Quality
No surprises here, the NEC drive performed more or less the same as the previous model. A total quality score of 94.4 and an average speed of 29.12X is considered an improvement on previous drives (prior to the NEC D6364 chipset).
The ND-3540A cannot read Leadin data or Leadout data, but it can read CD Text and Subchannel data. The reported average speed was 29.21X. Somewhat same performance with the previous model (3530A).
- Ripping 90mins AudioCDs
Unfortunately, the reading was not completed and produced the above error message.
- Ripping 99mins AudioCDs
With 99min AudioCDs, the burner could not recognize the inserted media.
It should be noted that 99min Audio CDs have been a problem with all NEC based drives.