The LaVie Light, which targets the "NetBook" market, features Intel?s Atom processor N270, a maximum HDD capacity of 160 GB, and the Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack3.
Despite its compact size (250 mm (W) x 176.5 mm (H) x 31.3-36.5 mm (H) and light weight (1.17 kg), it provides ease of use, which is made possible through the keyboard?s 2 mm keystroke and a key pitch of 17 mm for easy input, and the "Power Off USB recharging function" that allows users to recharge digital music players and other devices through a USB connector, even when the PC?s power is off.
Its construction can withstand up to 150 kgf of pressure, making it ideal for portable use.
Other features include:
- 8.9 inch wide LCD display (WSVGA (max. 1024 x 600 dot display) LED backlight).
- Built-in wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g) enables wireless Internet access.
- Built-in Web camera with an effective sensor resolution of 1.31 million pixels. The preinstalled Windows Live Messenger application enables TV phone and video chat.
- NX Pad - a sliding pad positioned in front of the keyboard - has a "gesture function" that enables operations without using a mouse.
- LaVie Light Menu makes it possible to start up frequently used software, such as an Internet browser, e-mail, or electronic manuals, with a single click.
- Mobile Optimizer eliminates the hassle of switching communication environments when using the PC in different locations.