CES: Epson Unveils Smart Streaming Laser Projectors with Android TV
Epson unveiled the EF-100W and EF-100B Smart Streaming Laser Projectors with Android TV.
Based on Epson MicroLaser Array Technology, the compact and wireless projector promises to produce incredibly bright and colorful images up to 150 inches on virtually any wall or dedicated screen. With included Android TV, the moment the EF-100 is powered on, today's streamers can instantly enjoy content from apps such as Netflix, YouTube, HBO, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN, and more.
Featuring a portable design, 2,000 lumens of color and white brightness, the EF-100 is designed for users to stream big and stream anywhere.
The Epson EF-100 is available in white and silver or black and copper to integrate with any décor. Whether laid flat or standing on its side, the EF-100 supports vertical auto picture correction to analyze images and correct the vertical geometry of the picture. This projector offers true 3-Chip 3LCD technology, multi-array laser technology and proprietary 9-element lens structure for image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity. Additional features include:
- Colorful projected image up to 150 inches on virtually any wall or dedicated screen – even when the lights are on.
- Built-in Android TV with a simple-to-use remote – including voice search with built-in Google Assistant.
- Integrated Audio System – Internal bass-reflex speaker. Additionally, the EF-100 includes a standard 3.5mm stereo output connection with preset tone controls.
- Clean and compact design available in white and silver, or black and copper.
- Epson MicroLaser Array Projection Technology – Multi-array laser diode technology to produce brightness while enhancing the black density.
- True 3-Chip Projector Design – Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame.
- Capable of displaying high-definition content at 2,000 lumens of brightness for both color and white content.
- Epson Cinema Lens – Utilizes a proprietary 9-element lens structure – including seven glass spherical elements for image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity.
- Auto Picture Skew Correction – Depending upon how the Epson EF-100 is oriented, the projector will analyze the projected image and correct the vertical geometry of the picture.
The Epson EF-100W and EF-100B (MSRP $999.99) will be available in January 2020. Epson's new smart streaming laser projectors come with Epson's service and support including toll-free access to Epson's PrivateLine priority support and standard two-year usually next-business-day, full-unit replacement limited warranty.