Cambridge Audio has announced the Alva TT, a high-end "all-in-one" turntable that includes aptX HD Bluetooth.
While most turntables offer BT receivers for playing music stored on a phone, this model instead offers a transmitter output. The Alva TT is able to transmit your LPs to a pair of high-end headphones, a compatible hi-fi or God forbid, a cheap Bluetooth speaker. Music can be streamed from Alva TT to any Bluetooth receiver at up to 24bit/48kHz Hi-Res.
Alva TT’s custom designed, integrated phonostage simplifies process of a physical connection - removing the need for extra boxes in your set-up. This phonostage builds on the company's standalone pre-amplifiers, the Alva Solo and Alva Duo, reducing unwanted noise.
The company opted for a High-output Moving Coil (MC) cartridge with an exposed cantilever design. It says it reduces unwanted resonance and vibration, delivers high levels of gain and "outstanding" musical detail during playback.
Rather than go for a Belt Drive system with the ALVA TT, thec ompany opted for a medium-torque Direct Drive. The ALVA TT has just 0.06% Wow and Flutter.
Complimenting the Direct Drive motor, the platter on the Alva TT is both dense and heavy. It’s made from Polyoxymethylene (POM), a thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness and excellent dimensional stability.
The Alva TT also uses a classic one-piece tonearm without any joints.
The Cambridge Audio Alva TT will be available in April 2019 for $1,700.
- Drive type: Direct Drive
- Turntable Speeds: 33 1/3, 45 rpm
- Motor Torque: 1.6kg/cm
- Wow & Flutter: <0.1%
- Turntable Platter: POM (Polyoxymethylene)
- Diameter: 305mm
- Tonearm Type: One piece aluminium casting
- Tonearm Effective Length: 238mm
- Tonearm Overhang: 17.2mm
- Tonearm Effective Mass: 11g
- Phono Stage Gain @ 1kHz: 42dB
- Phono Stage Nominal Output (with CA cartridge): 250m Vrms
- Phono Stage Equivalent Input Noise (A-weighted): 0.1u Vrms
- Phono Stage RIAA Curve Accuracy: +/- 0.3dB 30Hz-20Hz
- Phono Stage Signal/Noise Ratio (ref 1V out, 20-20K BW): >90dB
- Phono Stage THD+N 1kHz: 0.0025%
- Phono Stage Input Impedance: 47kΩ
- Phono Stage Input Capacitance: 320pF
- Audio Outputs: RCA line level
- Bluetooth: SBC, aptX, aptX HD
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 60/50Hz
- Power Consumption: 6W Approx, 20W max, <0.5W (Standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 139 x 368mm
- Weight: 11kg
- Cartridge Type: High Output Moving Coil
- Cartridge Frequency Response: +/- 1dB 30Hz-20kHz
- Cartridge Stylus: Elliptical
- Cartridge Cantilever: Aluminium
- Cartridge Output Level: 2mV @ 1kHz
- Cartridge Tracking Force: 2g
- Cartridge Recommended Load: 47kΩ