"Your digital content is as personal today as photos in shoeboxes and racks of CDs were yesterday," said Jim Welsh, vice president and general manager of WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "The device that securely holds your content should be just as personal. Having listened to our customers, we are expanding the options available on our WD Passport family of personal storage devices with more features, content management functions and fashionable design."
Unique features of the new My Passport Elite Portable USB Drives include:
- Capacity gauge that enables users to know at-a-glance how much space is available;
- Powerful automatic backup software lets users designate files and folders for automatic and continuous backup;
- Synchronization software that lets users sync their changes and protect their information with 128-bit encryption;
- Retrieve forgotten files from any MioNet-enabled PC (compatible with Windows only) and copy them to My Passport Elite with MioNet installed allowing users to retrieve forgotten files from the road using the unique MioNet Key software;
- Available in four elegant, soft-touch colors: bronze, titanium, westminster blue and cherry red; - Industry-leading 5-year limited warranty;
- Plug-and-play capability with gaming consoles2 to make it easy to play music and view photos and video files on a TV.