4. Reading of Damaged DVDs
2. CD, DVD, BD reading tests
3. Pioneer BD Drive Utility, Reading of Damaged Audio CDs
4. Reading of Damaged DVDs
5. CD/DVD disc quality test platform
6. CD-R Burning - Taiyo Yuden X40 NEW
7. CD-R Burning - TDK CD-R80
8. CD-RW burning - Verbatim DataLifeplus 80/700
9. DVD-R burning - Moser Baer India MBI01RG40
10. DVD-R burning - Verbatim MCC03RG20
11. DVD-R burning - Maxell RITEKF1
12. DVD-R burning - TTH02
13. DVD-R burning - Taiyo Yuden TYG03
14. DVD+R burning - Philips INFOMER30
15. DVD+R burning - Moser Baer India MBIPG101R05
16. DVD+R burning - Verbatim MCC004
17. DVD+R burning - PRODISC R04
18. DVD-R DL burning - Verbatim MKM03RD30
19. DVD+R DL burning - Verbatim MKM003
20. DVD-RW burning - TDK CMCW04
21. DVD+RW burning - Verbatim MKMA03
22. DVD-RAM burning - Maxell 5x
23. BD-R LTH burning - VERBATIMu
24. BD-R LTH burning - Taiyo Yuden/JVC JVC-AMS6L
25. BD-R SL burning - VERBATIMe
26. BD-R SL burning - TDKBLDRBB
27. BD-R SL burning - MBIR06
28. BD-R SL burning - TDKBLDRBD
29. BD-R DL burning - TDKBLDRFB
30. BD-R DL burning - VERBATIMf
31. BD-R DL burning - TDKBLDRFD
32. BD-RE SL burning - VERBATIM0
33. BD-RE DL burning - Sony MEIT01
34. BD-RE DL burning - TDKLBLDWfa
35. BD-RE SL burning - VERBATIM0 7.5GB
36. Summary of CD,DVD and Blu-ray disc quality tests
37. Burning a BD-R TL disc (BDXL)
38. Final words
In the following tests, we examine the DVD reading capabilities of the drive with scratched / defective DVD media. For the tests, we used the OptiDrive Control software. The reference test discs are made by ALMEDIO.ABEX TDR-821
This is a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM with a 4.7GB capacity, and its surface has an artificial scratch of dimensions varying from 0.4 to 3.0 mm.
The graph looks smooth without any speed fluctuations, meaning that the Pioneer drive had no difficulties while reading the test disc. However, the drive did not read the disc at 16x CAV.
This is also a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM of 4.7GB capacity. The data structure of the disc is exactly the same as that of the TDR-821, with the difference that there are no scratches on it but instead, defective areas of dimensions ranging from 0.5 to 1.1 mm. There are also fingerprints sized between 65 and 75 micrometers.
The Pioneer drive had no problem reading the disc.
The disc is a single sided, dual layer DVD-ROM disc with a capacity of 8.5GB. The only difference between the TDR-845 and the TDR-841 is that the first includes defective areas and fingerprints.
The TDV-545 disc is based on the TDV-540 series. It is a single sided, dual layer DVD-VIDEO disc with a capacity of 8.5GB.The TDV-545 includes artificial black dots on the data surface, sized from 0.4 to 1.0 mm. It also has 65 - 75 micrometer fingerprints.
Flawless reading here for both layers of the test disc.