Motherboard maker GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY today presented its first ever solid state drive (SSD), the UD PRO series SATA Interface SSDs with built-in DDR3 RAM.
Available in capacites of 256GB and 512GB, the SSDs come with a sleek design featuring a black and gray exterior with the product name engraved in white.
The SSDs utilize Toshiba\s BICS3 3D TLC NAND memory, they come with a high-speed, low power DDR3L buffer cache to accelerate the read/write speeds of the SSD, and Phison's PS3110 S10 controller.
From performance point of view, GIGABYTE's UD PRO lineup supports up to 530 MB/s sequential read speed and up to 500 MB/s sequential write speed. Random performance is up to 80K read IOPS and up to 75K write IOPS, according to GIGABYTE.
GIGABYTE UD PRO series SSDs come with a 3 Year or up to 200TBW warranty, and will be available soon on the market.
The price of the drives are $68.99 and $119.99 for the 256GB and 512GB models respectively. This is translated to $0.23/GB for storage, which is competive for the market.
GIGABYTE also plans to release additional drives in the future, including NVMe-based M.2 drives and a PCIe card.
- Interface: SATA 6.0Gb/s
- Form Factor 2.5-inch internal SSD
- Total Capacity 512GB
- Warranty Limited 3-year or 200TBW
- NAND Toshiba BiCS3 3D TLC
- External DDR Cache 512MB
- Sequential Read MB/s Up to 530 MB/s
- Sequential Write MB/s Up to 500 MB/s
- Random Read IOPS Up to 80k
- Random Write IOPS Up to 75k
- Dimension (W x H x L) 69.85 x 7 x 100 mm
- Mean time between failure (MTBF) 1.8M hours
- Power Consumption (Active) Average: R : 2240mW; W : 2610mW
- Power Consumption (Idle) 170mW
- Temperature (Operating) 0°C to 70°C
- Temperature (Storage) -40°C to 85°C