"At the frequency of 2287.6 MHz SuperPi 1M ran into errors in the last iteration. Dropping the memory frequency to 2271.6MHz allowed SuperPi 1M to be run at a time of 18.486 seconds," Corsair's Jake Crimmins wrote at the company's official blog.
Key components used in setting this record include the following:
- AMD Phenom II X6 1095T Black Edition CPU
- Asus Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard
- 4GB Corsair Dominator GTX4 memory (2 DIMMs)
- Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler
- Corsair Nova Series V64 SSD
- Nvidia GeForce 6600GT GPU
- Corsair Professional Series 850HX PSU
Complete details regarding the test setup, methods, and results can be found here.