4. Foxconn A7DA-S
2. Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H
3. BIOS - Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H
4. Foxconn A7DA-S
5. BIOS - Foxconn A7DA-S
6. Tests Setup
7. Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition, SiSoftware Sandra
8. Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage, SYSmark 2007 Preview
9. Benchmarks - MAXON CINEBENCH, x264 HD Benchmark, TMPGEnc 4 Xpress
10. Benchmarks - SuperPI, wPrime
12. The ATI 3300 IGP
13. ATI 3300 - Gaming results
14. ATI 3300 - Video Playback tests
15. Final words
16. Benchmarks - 3DMark06, Crysis v1.2, Unreal Tournament 3 SYSmark 2007 Preview
Foxconn has its own proposal for the AMD 790GX platform, the A7DA-S. The motherboard costs around $125 ($109.99 after rebate).
To get familiar with all the Foxconn A7DA-S features, visit the product's website. Inside the retail box you will find:
- A Motherboard driver disc
- A User's Manual
- A Quick Installation Guide
- One IDE cable and one floppy disk drive cable
- Two SATA 3Gb/s cables
- An e-SATA bracket
- I/O Shield
The Gigabyte motherboard included more SATA cables in the retail package but anyway it is not that important if you ask me. The board itself looks very "clean" as most parts can be identified easily. Comparing the two motherboards, we see that the Foxconn A7DA-S is larger in physical dimensions than the Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H.
We can also see that the Foxconn has added a power jack on the board, probably to support CrossFire setups more efficiently. The floppy port on the Foxconn board is placed is above the ATA, while at the Gigabyte has moved it to another area. Foxconn had included two buttons at the lower left area (power/reset) that makes our life much easier. In addition, the SATA ports at the Foxconn have different orientation than the Gigabyte's board.
The CPU area is not very crowded and our Scyth Mugen CPU cooler fit without any problems.
Four DDR-2 DIMMs are available properly colored for dual-channel installations:
The motherboard includes two (2) PCI-e v2.0 slots. When you install a CrossFire setup, the motherboard will switch to 2x 8x PCI-e mode as we previously described with the Gigabyte board.
The back I/O panel has the following ports and connectors:
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
1 x DVI-D port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x VGA port
- 1 x 1394a port
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN port
- 8 channel Audio ports