Xiaomi has officially unveiled the CC9 Pro smartphone in China, a device that has a total of five cameras including a 108-megapixel wide-angle camera.
Besides the 108-megapixel wide-angle camera, the CC9 Pro has four other rear cameras: a 5-megapixel 5x telephoto, 12-megapixel 2x telephoto, 20-megapixel ultra wide-angle lens.
The 108-megapixel camera uses the Samsung 108-megpixel ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor ( 1/1.33-inch.) The 5-megapixel 5x camera supports hybrid zoom levels from 10x to 50x. By default, the camera will operate as a 27-megapixel camera, with Samsung's Tetracell tech to join four pixels together. If you have enough light, though, you can shoot with all 108 million pixels to "produce billboard-level prints up to 4.24 meters high," Xiaomi says. It supports OIS and features an industry leading resolution of 12032 x 9024. It also incorporates a 4-in-1 (1.6μm) Super Pixel with the latest RAW multi-frame noise reduction algorithm to capture rich detail, even in low-light conditions.
The ultra wide-angel 20-megapixel camera has a 117-degree field of view, and there's a front 32-megapixel camera. To CC9 Pro has a 4-axis optical image stabilizer and uses Xiaomi's ShootSteady tech to smooth out 4K video. The camera supports slo-mo speeds up to 960 fps, along with a Vlog video mode to maximize dynamic range.
The 12MP telephoto camera supports 2x optical zoom with dual PD autofocus, while the 5MP telephoto camera supports 10x digital zoom.
The smartphone also features Xiaomi's all-new Night Mode 2.0, which combines multiple shots to reduce noise. It can also capture RAW photos in low light using multi-frame noise reduction. Alternatively, you can take advantage of one of the two LED lights on the rear.
The CC9 Pro's is powered by a huge 5,260 mAh battery. It also supports 30W fast charge, which brings its high-capacity battery to 100% under 65 minutes. Other features include an edge-to-edge 6.47-inch curved FHD+ AMOLED display and Snapdragon 730G mobile platform.
The Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition was also announced at launch. It comes with a 8P lens that produces images that are clearer and of higher definition. It also surged to the top of DxOMark camera rankings with an overall score of 121, and also broke the record for video segment with a world’s highest score of 104.
Worth noting is that Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition scored a 109 – 14 points higher than the competitor ranked second – in DxOMark’s sub-testing programme ‘Zoom’, all relying on Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition’s telephoto camera that supports 10x digital zoom and OIS.
The Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro will go on sale tomorrow in China for 2,799 yuan or about $400 (6GB RAM with 128GB storage) and 3,099 yuan or $440 (8GB RAM). The more expensive CC9 Pro Premium Edition is going for 3,499 yuan or $500, which comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage, along with an 8P lens system for the 108MP camera.
Global availability is also expected.
- Processor: Qualcomm 730G
- CPU: Kryo 4 architecture, 8nm process, up to 2.2GHz
- GPU: Adreno 618 graphics processor, up to 700MHz
- Memory and storage:
- 6GB / 8GB
- 128GB / 256GB
- 6.47" AMOLED screen
- TÜV Rheinland Low Light Blue Certification
- Xiaomi's first ultra-thin screen optical fingerprint
- Resolution 2340 x 1080 FHD+
- 398 PPI
- Screen brightness 600nit (HBM) / 430nit (Typ)
- Contrast 400000:1 (Min) | DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Rear cameras:
- 108 megapixel wide-angle - 1/1.33" large sensor, 1.6μm 4 in 1 large pixel, 7P lens (8P lens, limited to 8GB + 256GB version), f/1.69, four-axis optical image stabilization
- 2x zoom camera - 12MP, f/2.0, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-pixel AF
- 5x zoom camera - 5M, f/2.0, saves 8MP
- Ultra wide-angle cam - 20MP, 13mm f/2.2, 1.12µm pixel size; AF w/ closeup focusing
- Macro camera - 2MP, 1/5", 1.75µm pixel size, f/2.4; AF, 1.5-10cm focusing distance.
- Rear camera features: Movie mode 丨 super wide-angle super night view * 丨 macro video shooting | vlog video 丨 4K video shooting 丨 portrait mode bokeh | panorama mode | professional mode | countdown photo | level | continuous shooting mode | face recognition | HDR | AI Beauty 丨 Baby Beauty 丨 AI Smart Slimming | Ultra Wide Angle Correction | Photo Face Correction | Custom Watermark | Portrait Blur Adjustment | Rear AI Scene Camera 丨 AI Dynamic Spot | AI Studio Light Effect | Super resolution camera 丨960fps slow motion shooting | 960fps macro slow motion shooting 丨960fps AI smart soundtrack 丨 15 seconds short video recording | rear short video shaping slimming rear video beauty | super video anti-shake
- Video shooting:
- 4K video shooting 30fps
- 1080p video shooting 60fps
- 1080p video shooting 30fps
- 720p video shooting 30fps
- Slow motion shooting:
- 240fps720P, 1080P
- 120fps720P, 1080P
- Front camera: 32 megapixels - 1.6μm 4 in 1 large pixel, f/2.0 large aperture
- Front camera features: Movie Portrait 丨 weak light portrait 丨 Mimoji 萌拍 | AI Portrait Mode | 3D Beauty Beauty | Front Panorama | Photo Full Screen | Gesture Photo | Front HDR | Front Screen Fill Light | Countdown Photo | Dream Eye Light | Smart Beauty | Baby Beauty | AI Micro Plastics | AI Nude Makeup Beauty | AI Scene Camera | AI Studio Light Effect
- Video shooting:
- Charging and battery:
- 5260mAh(typ) / 5170mAh(min) built-in lithium ion polymer battery, non-removable
- USB Type-C double-sided charging interface
- Standard wired 30W charger, compatible with PD charging protocol
- Supports dual-card unlimited operators, can be 4G resident network 1
- Supports dual Nano-SIM
- Supports Mobile / Unicom / Telecom 4G+ / 4G / 3G / 2G
- Supports dual card VoLTE HD voice 2
- Supports antenna intelligent switching 3
- 4G: FDD-LTE: B1 / B3 / B5 / B7 / B8
- TDD-LTE : B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41
Note: LTE B41 ( 2555-2675 120 MHz )
- 3G: WCDMA: B1 / B2 / B5 / B8
- TDSCDMA: B34 / B39
- CDMA EVDO: BC0
- 2G: GSM: B2 / B3 / B5 / B8
- CDMA 1X: BC0
- 2.4G WiFi / Support 5G WiFi / Support WiFi Direct
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Multifunctional NFC
- Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 157.8mm
- Width: 74.2mm
- Thickness: 9.67mm
- Weight: 208g
- GPS: Galileo GLONASS | Electronic compass | A-GPS assisted positioning | Wireless network | Data network
- 1216 super linear speaker
- Smart PA high volume external release
- Equivalent 1.0cc super large cavity design
- 3.5mm headphone jack | Hi-Res Audio certification (high resolution audio)
- Ambient Light Sensor | Acceleration Sensor | Gyro | Electronic Compass
- Infrared remote control | Laser focus sensor
- Operating system: MIUI 11