With the potential to deliver up to five times the throughput and up to twice the range of previous-generation Wi-Fi gear, products based on the new 802.11n draft 2.0 standard can do more than ever before. Consumers will be able to take advantage of whole-home coverage and content-rich applications such as streaming high-definition video, online gaming with multiple users on a single network, and speedy file transfer of photos, music, and more.
Wi-Fi certification will ease the purchase process by delivering 802.11n draft 2.0 products that have been tested for industry-wide interoperability, the latest security protection, and backward compatibility with previous generations of Wi-Fi gear.
"We are proud of the achievement of our member companies in developing this breakthrough certification program," said Wi-Fi Alliance managing director Frank Hanzlik. "This milestone means that consumers and business users alike can feel confident that the 802.11n products they buy will deliver the user experience they require."
The following companies supply the products used in the interoperability test bed, and have the first devices to become Wi-Fi CERTIFIED:
- Atheros XSPAN with SST Draft 2.0 802.11n Dual-Concurrent 2.4/5GHz Router with Atheros AR7100 Series Wireless Network Processor
- Atheros XSPAN with SST Draft 2.0 802.11n Dual-Band 2.4/5GHz Card Bus
- Broadcom Intensi-Fi 802.11n Router: BCM94705GMP
- Broadcom Intensi-Fi 802.11n Card: BCM94321MC123
- Cisco Access Point
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
- Marvell TopDog WLAN solutions (Station Card)
- Marvell TopDog WLAN solutions (Access Point)
- Ralink MIMObility RT2800PD Chipset featuring the RT2860 802.11n 2T3R MAC/BBP and the RT2850 802.11n Dual Band RFIC
- Ralink MIMObility RT2800PD Access Point