TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 allows users to import a wide variety of MPEG file formats and container types, then losslessly edit the files at the frame-level for fast output. Besides standard MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video, container formats such as TS, MKV, FLV and MOV are also supported. DVD-Video, Blu-ray and AVCHD video files can also be imported with the help of an import wizard. Audio-wise, MP2, MP3, AC3 (Dolby Digital), EC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), WAV, AAC, HE-AAC, and FLAC formats can be imported.
Smart Rendering allows MPEG video to be edited, split, and joined with minimal re-encoding at output. This results in fast output and little to no quality loss since unedited parts of the video are not changed in any way.
An all-new feature of the Smart Rendering engine allows users to set their own master specifications. In previous versions, Smart Rendering was limited to known standards such as DVD-Video and Blu-ray Disc. The ability to set any MPEG file as a Master Clip allows any MPEG file to be Smart Renderable. The Master Clip can also be used to re-encode other MPEG video clips to the Master Clip's specifications; this is useful for encoding video for devices such as smartphones, where the video specifications are not always well documented--all the user needs is a video clip known to work on the device.
The included cut editor is built with editing HD videos in mind; users can customize the interface to allow better viewing of HD video. Editing controls and panels can be minimized or resized, and the video preview can be zoomed-in and scrollable so every detail can be seen, even on the smallest monitors.
Editing features include the ability to cut out unwanted portions of a video clip, split a clip into multiple clips, add keyframes, create transition effects and apply audio filters.
Other features include input and Smart Rendering support for the popular GoPro HD (HERO/HERO2) and Contour video cameras, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC encoding using the world-renowned x264 encoder, Blu-ray BDAV authoring, and much more.
New Input Features:
- MP4, TS, MKV, FLV and MOV container support for H.264/MPEG-4 encoded video.
- MKV container support for MPEG-2 and H.264 video.
- Rescue function that allows importing a mix of different video formats and sizes. *Rescue files will be re-encoded.
- Auto mode automatically determines how much of the video can be smart rendered depending on the input file.
- Import Blu-ray or AVCHD video files by title (VC-1 format not supported).
- MPEG-2 TS analysis function identifies multi-stream video such as mixed-resolution video streams.
- Supports input of up to 8 audio streams.
- Target Indicator allows you to check possible output formats in advance.
- Instant Quick Preview allows you to check a video's contents without opening the clip editor.
- Dolby Digital Plus audio support. Dobly Digital Plus audio will be treated (or processed) as Dolby Digital audio by the program.
New Editing Features:
- Undo/Redo option in almost all editing windows.
- Integrates our advanced Intuitive Draw Technology for fast preview rendering. CUDA decoder / Intel Media decoder compatible.
- Improved preview screen allows full-screen preview, zoom, position and other settings perfect for viewing and examining HD material.
- Minimize editing controls that you don't need.
- Increased detail and editability for the Clip Information panel.
- Add audio streams and select between various configurations. Up to 8 audio streams can be added.
- Batch cut feature for multiple selections.
- Display scaling adjusts the button sizes to the display size of the edit screen.
- Add and edit text overlays.
- Add monochromatic clips. - Add transition effects, including 3D transitions.
New Output Features:
- Supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC smart rendering.
- Supports smart rendering of AAC audio.
- FLAC audio format output support.
- Output support for BDMV/BDAV MPEG files for Blu-ray.
- Supports MPEG file output for AVCHD.
- Supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC BDAV authoring. - Supports writing an Appendix for BDAV authoring. - Uses the x264 encoder for (part of) H.264/MPEG-4 AVC re-encoding.
- GoPro HD (HERO/HERO2) smart rendering output support (non-standard resolutions not supported).
- Supports "regular output function", which allows outputting a file automatically by parameters set in advance.
- Access the Start-up Launcher Tools from any stage in the main window.