4. Reading damaged DVDs
2. CD and DVD reading tests
3. Reading damaged CDs
4. Reading damaged DVDs
5. Reading Blu-ray discs
6. CD DVD media quality testbed
7. CD-R burning - Verbatim 48x @ 24x
8. CD-R burning - Maxell 52x @24x
9. DVD-R burning - TDK TTH02 16x @ 8x
10. DVD-R burning - Verbatim MCC03RG20 16x @ 8x
11. DVD-R burning - CMC MAG AM3 16x @ 8x
12. DVD-R burning - Moser Baer India MBI01RG40 16x @ 8x
13. DVD-R burning - Taiyo Yuden TYG03 16x @ 8x
14. DVD+R burning - Philips INFOME R30 16x @ 8x
15. DVD+R burning - Moser Baer India MBIPG101 R05 16x @ 8x
16. DVD+R burning - Verbatim MCC004 16x @ 8x
17. DVD+R burning - PRODISC R04 16x @ 8x
18. DVD+R DL burning - Moser Baer India MBIPG101 R10 8x
19. DVD+R DL burning - Verbatim MKM 003 8x @ 4x
20. DVD-R DL burning - Verbatim MKM 03RD30 8x @ 4x
21. DVD-RW burning - Verbatim MKM 01RW6X01 6x @ 4x
22. DVD+RW burning - Verbatim MKM A03 8x @ 4x
23. DVD-RAM burning - Maxell MXL16 5x @ 5x
24. BD-R burning - Verbatim BD-R 25GB LTH VERBATIMu 6x @ 6x
25. BD-R burning - Verbatim BD-R 25GB VERBATIMe 6x @ 6x
26. BD-R burning - TDK BD-R 25GB TDKBLDRBB 4x @ 4x
27. BD-R burning - Sony BD-R 25GB SONY N3 6x @ 6x
28. BD-R burning - Verbatim BD-R 25GB VERBATIMc 4x @ 4x
29. BD-R burning - Verbatim BD-R 50GB VERBATIMf 6x @ 4x
30. BD-R burning - Verbatim BD-R 25GB VERBATIM0 2x @ 2x
31. BD-RE burning - Verbatim BD-RE 50GB VERBATIM1 2x @ 2x
32. BD-RE burning - Verbatim BD-RE 7GB VERBATIM0 2x @ 2x
33. BD-RE burning - TDK BD-R 50GB TDKBLDRFB 4x @ 2x
34. Summary of CD/DVD/BD quality tests, Booktype, Overburning
35. Final thoughts
In the following tests, we examine the DVD reading capabilities of the drive (error correction) with scratched / defective DVD media. For the tests, we used CDVD Benchmark and Nero Disc Speed. The reference test media comes from ALMEDIO.
- Single Layer media
This is a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM with a 4.7GB capacity, and its surface has an artificial scratch of dimensions varying from 0.4 to 3.0 mm.
The graph shows us some speed fluctuations, meaning that the drive had some difficulties in the reading process. No read errors were reported.
This is also a single sided, single layer DVD-ROM of 4.7GB capacity. The data structure of the disc is exactly the same as that of the TDR-821, with the difference that there are no scratches on it but instead, defective areas of dimensions ranging from 0.5 to 1.1 mm. There are also fingerprints sized between 65 and 75 micrometers.
A successful read here.
- Dual Layer media
This is an 8.5GB dual layer, single sided DVD-ROM disc with artificial scratches of dimensions ranging from 0.4 to 3.0mm, on both layers.
Same as before, successful reading with a few fluctuations at the first layer.
The disc is a single sided, dual layer DVD-ROM disc with a capacity of 8.5GB. The only difference between the TDR-845 and the TDR-841 is that the first includes defective areas and fingerprints.
The TDV-545 disc is based on the TDV-540 series. It is a single sided, dual layer DVD-VIDEO disc with a capacity of 8.5GB.The TDV-545 includes artificial black dots on the data surface, sized from 0.4 to 1.0 mm. It also has 65 - 75 micrometer fingerprints.
Flawless reading here.
Overall, the DVD error correction mechanisms are great.