OWC will exhibit a full lineup of new hardware and software products at CES 2020.
The company will be presenting the following solutions:
- Mercury Elite Pro Dock – The Mercury Elite Pro Dock is the do-it-all tool that will organize your digital life with dual-drive RAID data storage with an integrated 7-port dock. The Mercury Elite Pro Dock combats clutter and optimizes physical space as your single-cable connection that delivers storage, Ethernet sharing, charging power, USB ports and 4K display support while consolidating all peripheral device cables. The Mercury Elite Pro Dock is available now in capacities from 0GB (add your own drives) starting at $319.88, or from 4TB to 28TB with pricing starting at $519.99.
- ThunderBay 8 – The ThunderBay 8 is a professional-grade, 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 storage solution for pros. It will be available in capacities from 0GB (add your own drives) for $749.99, and as populated solutions from 16TB to 112TB with pricing starting at $1,228.99.
With 8 hot swappable drive bays, OWC ThunderBay 8 offers massive professional-grade storage capacity in a Thunderbolt 3 desktop-sized design. Mix 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch HDDs and/or SSDs in any combination up to 112TB of capacity and use them independently or match drives and combine them in a speed and/or redundant RAID with the included SoftRAID setup and management software.
If you need even more capacity, you can deaisy-chain up to 6 of these storage behemoths together for up to a staggering 672TB to create your own custom data center. With real-world tested speed up to 2586MB/s via Thunderbolt 3 and the ability to SoftRAID together 8 SSDs or HDDs, ThunderBay 8's rugged, field-tested aluminum design has the under-the-hood horsepower needed to conquer high bandwidth requirements. You can even connect multiple ThunderBay 8 solutions to multiple Thunderbolt 3 ports on your Mac or PC to achieve exponential speed increases.
- Up to 2586MB/s of real-world tested speed via with Thunderbolt 3 port (Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt backward compatible)
Store up to 112TB
- Create a data center – daisy chain 6 units together for up to 672TB of storage capacity
- 8 hot-swappable universal drive bays – mix or match 2.5-inch (no adaptor needed) and 3.5-inch HDDs and SSDs
- SoftRAID – robust software for creating, monitoring, and managing advanced RAID sets
- DisplayPort 1.2 for connecting up to 4K monitor
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port for adding up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices
- OWC ClingOn-ready: cable stabilizer prevents work session interruption and possible data loss
- Up to 5-Year OWC Limited Warranty with 1-Year Level 1 data recovery
- ThunderBay Flex 8 – The ThunderBay Flex 8 was designed as the solution for demanding workflow needs. It's a 3-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 storage, docking, and PCIe expansion solution from the Thunderbolt accessory manufacturer. It offers 8 drive bays that support a mix of SATA/SAS/U.2 NVMe drives for up to 128TB of storage capacity.
There are a plethora of ports including (2) Thunderbolt 3, (1) USB-C and (2) USB-A ports for device docking and charging. You can add an up to 8K display via the built-in DisplayPort 1.4 connection. Or ingest hi-res images and video via front-side SD 4.0 and CF-Express card readers. When you want to expand your desktop capabilities, there's a PCIe x16 slot waiting for your specific project needs.
All 8 bays can utilize legacy SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-inch SSDs or 3.5-inch HDDs. To take advantage of the direct connection PCIe technology offers to achieve transfer rates up to 40Gb/s, the top four bays are NVMe U.2 SSD ready.
- Eight FLEXible drive bays with up to 2750MB/s real-world tested speed
- Four top bays: install your choice of U.2 NVMe SSDs (one bay PCIe 3.0 x4, three bays PCIe 3.0 x1), 2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s SSDs, or 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s HDDs.
- Four bottom bays: install your choice of 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s drives.
- Store up to 128TB
- Connect up to five additional Thunderbolt devices in a daisy-chain
- Includes SoftRAID: software for creating, monitoring, and managing advanced RAID sets
- Connect and charge your devices: (1) USB-C and (2) USB-A ports for audio or video mixers, digital cameras, peripherals, and mobile devices
- DisplayPort 1.4 for connecting up to two 4K displays or one 8K display
- Camera uploads: up to 985MB/s with frontside SD 4.0 and CFexpress card readers
- Play your card: (1) PCIe (x16) slot for half-length, full-height, single-width audio and video capture cards, high-speed networking card, SSD storage card, hardware RAID card, and even I/O cards like FireWire, Fiber Channel, or USB 3.2.
- Power to spare: 500W handles drives, expansion cards, and charging up accessories
The ThunderBay FLEX 8 integrated storage, docking and PCIe expansion solution will be available in Q1 as a 0GB enclosure (add your own drives) or from 16TB to 128TB solutions.
- Akitio Node Titan – The Akitio Node Titan is an external Graphics Processing Unit Enclosure (eGPU) that transforms notebooks or other slot-less computers (Mac mini, iMac, NUC, etc.) into a high-performance gaming, video editing, and graphics workstation. It connects to a Thunderbolt 3-equipped computer and offers the power and space needed by today's most popular double-wide full-length/full-height AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards.
You can plug a VR headset directly into the Node Titan's DisplayPort. You can even connect a second or third external display for extra workspace.
For graphics cards (sold separately) that require more than the x16 PCIe slot industry standard 75W output, no problem. The Node Titan features a 650W power supply that can handle power-hungry cards like the Radeon RX Vega 64. Speaking of handling, thanks to Node Titan's spacious design, even double-wide full-length/full-height cards are compatible.
- Thunderbolt 3 port for up to 40Gb/s speed
- NLE ready: turns notebooks into mobile video editing systems
- Reduced edit and render times
- 650W power supply
- Up to 85W for notebook charging
- Spacious design: enables use of large double-width graphics cards
- On-the-go graphics: retractable carrying handle for easy transport
- Plug and Play: includes Thunderbolt 3 cable for immediate use
The Akitio Node Titan is expected to be available in Q1 of 2020 through MacSales.com.
- Mercury Helios 3S – The tool is giving users, DIYers and professionals the power to use processing solutions for virtually any function, including storage, video and audio processing, networking and more. Instead of buying an array of function-specific Thunderbolt devices, the Mercury Helios 3S functions like a dock, allowing the use of a multitude of dedicated PCIe cards. The company will also showcase the OWC U.2 NVMe Interchange System, an optional companion to the Mercury Helios 3S, that converts it into a fast-swappable U.2 NVMe SSD storage system that offers real-world tested speeds of up to 2631MB/s. The OWC Mercury Helios 3S PCIe Expansion Chassis is available for $229.99 MSRP. The OWC U.2 NVMe Interchange System for Mercury Helios 3S is sold separately with up to 16TB of storage starting at $69.99.
- 40Gb/s transfer speeds: (2) Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Dedicated DisplayPort 1.4 for adding up to a 8K display
- 85W of notebook charging power
- (1) PCIe (x16) slot for half-length, full-height, single or double-width cards
- Daisy-chain up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices
- 28.5dB fan
- Locking 12V power connector
- Thunderbolt 3 certified for Mac and Windows
- SoftRAID Standard and SoftRAID Pro – SoftRAID is a software RAID platform for macOS and Windows. It allows users to create, read, and write HFS+ RAID sets on both macOS and Windows computers so they will never have to worry about disk formats again. Users work with disks checked and verified before use plus, early warnings prevent unexpected disk failure. The SoftRAID Standard will be available for $49.99 and SoftRAID Pro will be available for $179.99. A 30-day free trial lets user experience all the great features that has made SoftRAID the most popular RAID setup and management app for years.
The Mercury Elite Pro Dock is available now at MacSales.com. The Mercury Helios 3S and U.2 NVMe Interchange System, ThunderBay 8, ThunderBay Flex 8, Akitio Node Titan and SoftRAID Standard and Pro will be available in Q1.