Olympus announced its new flagship OM-D E-M1 Mark III, a compact 12-45mm f/4 PRO lens, and the new PEN E-PL10 for everyday photography.
The company's latest flagship mirrorless camera ($2,400) provides the effective image stabilization, compensating up to 7.5 steps when used with Sync-IS compatible lenses (7.0 steps body only). Its new TruePic IX image processor and 20.4MP Live MOS sensor enable 60 fps sequential shooting, high-speed autofocus performance, and 4K video capability. Handheld High-Res Shot delivers up to 50MP image quality in a compact, lightweight, weather-sealed body.
- 20.4MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor
- TruePic IX Image Processor
- 2.36m-Dot 0.74x Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.037m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- DCI 4K/24p & UHD 4K/30p Video Recording
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- ISO 200-25600, Up to 15 fps Shooting
- 121-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Also announced today was the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm f/4.0 PRO lens ($650), a portable and versatile lens with 24-90mm focal length equivalency and superb macro capabilities.
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 24-90mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- 1 DSA Element, 2 Aspherical Elements
For those interested in compact mirrorless cameras, also announced was the latest model from the legendary PEN series of Olympus cameras. The PEN E-PL10 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera ($599.00) provides 16.1MP sensor for high-quality imaging beyond what your smartphone can deliver and a flip-out LCD sensor for easy framing. The E-PL10 has also streamlined image transfer from camera to smart device. The E-PL10 is available in black, white, or mocha-finished models and is available as a kit with the impressive M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ lens.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- UHD 4K Video Recording at 30 fps
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot 180° Flip Touchscreen
- Up to 8.6 fps Shooting and ISO 25600
- 3-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 121-Area FAST AF, Face/Eye Detection AF
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Advanced Photo Mode and Art Filters