1. About the OCZ PC-10666 4x2GB memory kit
Today we will have a quick look to the OCZ gold Series of low-voltage DDR3 kits, designed for the Intel P55 Chipset and subsequent Intel Core i7, i5, and i3 (Socket 1156) processors. The 4GB memory kit is aimed at midrange desktops and they are configured for dual channel mode, optimized by OCZ for optimal performance with an ideal combination of low power requirements at extreme MHz.
Developed for cost-conscious enthusiasts and gamers, these new OCZ modules were engineered with the same affordability and performance standards as the new Lynnfield platform.
OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 gold Low Voltage Kits are 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and feature propriety XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders for effective heat dissipation. Furthermore, each OCZ memory kit is backed by the OCZ Lifetime Warranty.
- Main features
- 1333MHz DDR3
- CL 9-9-9-20 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
- Available in 8GB optimized "quad" kits
- Gold Layered Z3 XTC Heatspreader
- Lifetime Warranty
- 1.65 Volts
- 240 Pin DIMM
- Part Numbers: 8GB (2x4048MB) Quad Kit PN - OCZ3G1333LV8GK
* XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders optimize the thermal management of memory modules by promoting greater airflow by means of micro-convection throughout what is usually the dead air space inside conventional heatspreader designs. In this manner, build-up of heat is avoided and thermal dissipation of the memory components is offloaded more efficiently through the honeycomb design. At the same time, mechanical stability is maintained.
- Retail package
OCZ provided us with the retail package of 2x4GB memory modules (OCZ3G1333LV8GK). The retail price of the kit is around $145 (with a $35 coupon reduction) , depending your location and currency, making it ideal for a new system expansion.
The memory modules are packaged in a plastic shell as we typically see in OCZ's memory kits
A sticker on each module indicate the memory's rating, part number and and of course the optimal cache latency. OCZ Technology uses a gold heat-spreader with a the Z3 product logo embossed on it, also met in other members of the company's Gold Series.