The motherboard we used for the AMD system was Abit’s AN8 Fatal1ty, an excellent motherboard for overclocking with everything an overclocker might need. Everything except for one thing! The ability to raise the VDIMM above 2.80V, something that clearly puts a limit on memory overclocking.
Nevertheless, we raised the voltage to the maximum settings available and then we started measuring the system by raising the memory frequency to 266MHz, 333MHz and 400MHz. Unfortunately, we didn't test the overclocking capabilities of the modules in our Intel based system due to the limited overclocking capabilities of the Gigabyte GA 81915P Duo Pro. But no harm done since these modules are famous for their good relation with the AMD platforms.
Lets see the results from this overclocking.
In these screenshots, we see the instances for each of the three module frequency we tested at.
It's also worth mentioning that in each case where we increased the frequency, we tested the stability of the system using the MEMTEST program. In all cases the system was stable and MemTest found no errors originating from the memory modules.
-RIGHT MARK MEMORY
Notice that the more we push the frequency up, the better the performance we get.
Also improved is the performance for the read and write tests in Everest.
EVEREST READ - WRITE TESTS
The latency timings are also significantly reduced (don't forget in latency, less is better).
- PC MARK04
The PCMARK benchmark program behaved exactly as with all the other tests, where the higher the frequency, the better the results. The final score was excellent, showing the potential that these modules really have.
Sisoft Sandra showed the biggest increase in memory bandwidth from all the programs we used.