Today HTC unveiled the new HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub designed for ease of use in both home and office environments.
The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub—including Sprint, Telstra, and recently added European carriers: EE (UK), Three UK, Deutsche Telekom (Germany), Sunrise (Switzerland), and Elisa (Finland).
A 5-inch HD touchscreen allows for ease of use, and long-lasting power makes for a travel companion that harnesses 5G speeds faster than 4G LTE networks. In the future, users will be able to stream VR content from the cloud to a VIVE Focus headset via the HTC 5G Hub—no PC or unnecessary cables required—to enjoy mobile, high-end VR in real time.
As a home media center, the HTC 5G Hub uses 5G speeds to stream 4K videos to a second screen and deliver clear content. It can also replace a Wi-Fi router and remove unnecessary cables with an easy to use plug-and-play setup. Voice command and remote-control features make it quick to manage entertainment and productivity needs. For gaming, ultra-low-latency, 60fps, and 4K resolution (on compatible screens), the HTC 5G Hub is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform with the Snapdragon X50 5G Modem and antenna modules with integrated RF transceiver, RF front-end (RFFE) and antenna elements. Along with Android 9 Pie, this allows for high download speeds and power for native Android and PC games supported on the large screen.
The HTC 5G Hub is also designed for high-speed mobility use with the next-generation business environment in mind. This product supports the Wi-Fi capabilities offered on the Snapdragon 855 Platform by including the Qualcomm 60GHz Wi-Fi chipset (based on the 802.11ad specification) for multi-gigabit speeds and wire equivalent latencies, as well as the Qualcomm 2x2 Wi-Fi 6-ready chipset. A 7,660 mAh battery makes the HTC 5G Hub ready to support a wide range of on-the-go duties. Businesses can connect up to 20 devices safely on a high-speed encrypted network or configure for a corporate VPN.
The HTC 5G Hub will be available through select retailers beginning in Q2 of 2019.
- 5.0 inch
- Capacitive touch screen
- HD (720 x 1280 pixels)
- Size (length x width x edge thickness): 129 x 100 x 43 mm
- Weight: 340g
- Platform: Android 9.0 with HTC Sense for HTC 5G Hub
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core, with Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
- USB-C 3.1 with DisplayPort support
- Connections expandable through Gigabit Ethernet
- ROM: 4GB / RAM: 32GB
- Extended memory: microSD (up to 512GB)
- Flex Storage
- Dual Speakers
- Always listening
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ad
- Up to 20 Wi-Fi connections
- Capacity: 7,660 mAh
- Battery management
- DC Charging (12V/2.5A)
- USB-C (QC 3.0 & PD 9V/2A)
- Sensors: Motion G-sensor
- Audio supported formats: .3gp, .mp4, .m4a, .aac, .ts, .flac, .mp3, .mid, .ogg, .mkv, .wav, .amr
- Video supported formats: .3gp, .mp4, .ts, .webm, .mkv
SIM card and Mobile Networking
- Nano SIM
- Support up to 2.63 Gbps downlink. Uplink 287 Mbps
- 4G LTE (US)
- · FDD: Bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 25, 26, 66, 71
- · TDD: Band 41
- 5G NR Band: n41
- 4G LTE (Australia)
- · FDD: Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 66
- · TDD: Bands 38, 41
- 5G NR Band: n78