Functionality has been enhanced thanks to a built-in Fingerprint Scan feature. Located on the back of the device, the fingerprint scanner allows users to lock or unlock the screen and quickly launch up to three applications by assigning an individual finger to each.
The HTC One max's Sense 5.5 upgrade comes with a more social, personalised HTC BlinkFeed that can be further refined by customisable topic categories and new integration with content providers including Instagram and Google+. Up to 120 articles can also be downloaded for offline viewing.
The smartphone is also featuring HTC's UltraPixel camera technology, HTC Zoe mode and a 2.1MP front-facing camera. Improved imaging is also introduced through Video Highlights, which combines your photos and videos to create a mini movie complete with the soundtrack and visual theme of your choice. And with the HTC One max, your Video Highlights can now be any length you want.
Available in silver, the HTC One max will begin shipping across the globe as early as mid-October, and it will be available in the United States from Sprint and Verizon Wireless this holiday season.
The HTC One Max arrives just a month after Samsung unveiled its own large-screen phone, the Galaxy Note 3. The Note 3 has a slightly smaller screen than the One Max, at 5.7 inches, with a 13-megapixel camera rear-facing camera, 3GB of RAM, and a 3,200 mAh battery.
Despite positive reviews for its phones, HTC has been struggling to lift its earnings.
- SIZE: 164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm
- WEIGHT: 217g
- DISPLAY: 5.9" Full HD 1080p
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, 1.7GHz quad-core CPUs
- SENSORS: Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Fingerprint scanner
- PLATFORM: Android 4.3 with HTC Sense 5.5, HTC BlinkFeed
- CONNECTIVITY: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX enabled, IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from HTC Connect, Support consumer infrared remote control, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI
2G/ 2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G - UMTS/ HSPA: EMEA: 900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps; Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps; Sprint: 1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps; Verizon: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps
3G - CDMA: Sprint & Verizon: 800/1900 MHz
4G - LTE: EMEA: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz; Asia: 900/1800/2100/2600 MHz; Sprint: 1900 MHz; Verizon: 700 MHz;
- SOUND: HTC BoomSound, Sense Voice
- REAR CAMERA: HTC UltraPixel Camera, BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 ?m, Sensor size 1/3', Dedicated HTC ImageChip 2, f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens, Smart Flash with five levels of flash automatically, 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video
- FRONT CAMERA: 2.1 MP, 88° wide angle lens, Front Camera: 1080p Full HD video recording.
CAMERA APP: HTC Zoe with Sequence Shot, Always Smile and Object Removal. Gallery with Video Highlights and HTC Share. Continuous shooting and VideoPic. Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback.
- MULTIMEDIA: Audio playback supported formats: aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, wma (Windows Media Audio 9). Recording formats: .amr
- Video playback supported formats: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3). Recording: .mp4
- BATTERY: Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery, Capacity: 3300 mAh. Talk time: Up to 25 hours for WCDMA. Up to 28 hours for CDMA. Standby time: Up to 585 hours for WCDMA, Up to 393 hours for CDMA
- GPS: GPS/AGPS, Digital Compass