New features in this version include:
- BD-RE 3.0 certified, users can rerecord and append Blu-ray Discs, as well as create menus on Blu-ray Discs.
- AVCHD format support lets users output high-definition content to a DVD disc and store large volumes of high-definition content on Blu-ray Discs and AVCHD discs.
- On-Disc Editing allows users to append video and slideshows, edit and add/remove playlists on BD-RE, DVD+VR, and DVD-VR discs.
- Customizable Disc Menus let users import video and use built-in designs to create stylish navigation menus.
- Direct access to DirectorZone, a website featuring user-generated content, offers free DVD menu templates for download.
- Direct burning with Right-to-Disc: support for BDAV and BDMV, as well as DVD-VR.
- Support for 5.1-channel Dolby Digital lets users create discs that play on their home theater system.
- Magic Movie Wizard: automatically creates a movie from users clips, with a theme and music chosen by users.
- Slideshow Styles: enables fast creation of slideshows with 3 different animation styles.
- Magic Clean: automatically adjusts lighting and removes excess noise.
- White Calibration: lets users define true white with the calibration eye-dropper tool to adjust the color temperature of videos and photos.
- Backlight Correction: makes foreground objects clearer in conditions of strong backlighting.
PowerProducer is available from CyberLinks online store in nine languages:
- CyberLink PowerProducer 5 Ultra USD 79.95/Euro 74,99
- CyberLink PowerProducer 5 (DVD) USD 49.95/Euro 44,99
- CyberLink PowerProducer 5 Upgrade to Ultra USD 49.95/Euro 44,99