The company also released a beta of a new app called μChat. It enables users of both μTorrent 3.0 and BitTorrent Chrysalis clients to communicate with other people from within the software, all leveraging a patent-pending distributed architecture.
What's new in μTorrent 3.0
- Streaming: Watch videos within seconds with progressive downloading - no need to wait for the entire file to download.
- μTorrent Remote: Start, stop, and monitor torrent downloads on the go. Access the μTorrent client from any Web browser (visit https://remote.utorrent.com to sign up), or download the beta of our Android app.
- Ratings and Comments: Ratings enables the collective wisdom of the community to ensure the quality and security of downloaded torrents.
- Drag-and-Drop Sending: Send massive personal files - e.g. home movies, smart phone videos and hi-res photos - directly from μTorrent. Select a file on your computer, drag it into the μTorrent "Drop files to send" box and μTorrent will create a Web link. Send the link via e-mail, social media post or similar to share your content.
- Simplified UI: Minimize parts of the μTorrent interface with a click.
- Portable Mode: Run the μTorrent client directly from a USB key and take it anywhere.
- Stability etc.: Under-the-hood improvements including a focus on stability as well as improved Web seeding to add speed and reliability to the process of finding the original source of a single-source file.
- μChat app (beta): Chat with other μTorrent users around the world in real-time by installing this optional app.