The video card features ATI's Ultra-threaded 3D architecture, support for Microsoft DirectX 9 and Shader Model 3.0 and has been manufactured with ATI's 90nm process. It runs at 500 MHz and uses a 256 MB 500MHz memory (GDDR3).
The Avivo technology also promises outstanding video playback, 64 times as many colors than previous solutions for amazing display functionality and user-friendly high definition TV display connectivity.
ATI's Multimedia Center 9.10 software now works even better with existing ATI TV tuner products. Dual-tuner MulTView support now allows timeshifting on two TV tuners simultaneously when paired with an ATI TV tuner card, including the Theater 550 Pro.
In addition, ATI's third-generation radio-frequency remote control device now includes improved support for Windows XP Media Center Edition, and allows for complete computer control through a wireless interface. For users who prefer a traditional Windows XP Media Center Edition remote control, a 50 per cent reduced price offer is included.
Additionally, North American owners of All-In-Wonder X1800 XL can expect:
- ATI TV tuner design for instant viewing of up to 125 channels of cable or analog antenna broadcasts with FM broadcast reception
- Gemstar's GuidePlus+ intelligent free integrated program guide to view, search, schedule and record TV programs at the click of a mouse
- Unified application for both analog and free over-the air HDTV broadcasts (United States only) when combined with HDTV Wonder
European All-In-Wonder X1800 XL customers will receive:
- ATI TV tuner that receives 125 channels of cable or analog broadcasts plus DVB-T and FM tuning capabilities
- Program Guide support with TVTV for Analog TV and DVB-T programs
- SCART (Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorecepteurs et Televiseurs) connector for televisions
- Multimedia Center 9.10 with a unified TV interface for both DVB-T digital and analog broadcasts
All-In-Wonder X1800 XL has a manufacturers suggested retail price of USD$429.