Following strong Q1 results, Alliance Storage Technologies announced NETArchive version 2.0, a solution for Archiving, Managing, Optimizing and Protecting critical data.
Built on the company's Archive Management Software (AMS) Platform, the NETArchive incorporates technology advancements providing a reliable Data Archiving solution to affordably archive data for 100+ years - all at a price now comparable to tape.
Available Q2, 2017, NETArchive provides a modular architecture consisting of high performance disk, cloud and optical tiers. With support for on-premises installations and cloud-based deployments in the Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, NETArchive delivers elastic scalability with simplified, cross-platform management and control.
Wgat's new in NETArchive version 2:
- 100% increase (or doubling) of the NETArchive system on-premises near-line storage, increasing to 1.6PB in a single rack
- 100% increase in media capacities, cutting cost per GB in half
- 100% increase in drive speeds, doubling data migration and recall rates
- 3 times increase in system cache resulting in faster access to recently archived data with flexible RAID options from 4TB to 72TB
- Built-in complimentary Transparent Archive Migration Facility for existing Archive Appliance users, facilitating a non-disruptive migration to the NETArchive
- 100% increase in media life to 100+ years, increasing reliability, data retention, and ROI while further eliminating costly technology refresh cycles associated with other technologies