ZOTAC ramps up its Premium Edition line of solid state drives aimed at offering speed in desktops, notebooks, and external storage. Available in 240GB and 480GB capacities, the Premium Edition SSDs are powered by a quad-core Phison S10 controller and MLC NAND for reliability with up to 480 TBW and up to 3,000 PE cycles. The SSDs deliver sequential read/write speeds of up to 520MBps and 500MBps - within a hair's width of the SATA III bandwidth saturation point.
The ZOTAC Premium Edition SSDs also feature technology that enhances data protection, including:
- End to End Data Path Protection - detects and corrects any errors along the paths that your data takes between the DRAM, controller, and NAND
- SmartECC - reconstructs bad/faulty pages when regular ECC checks fail
- SmartRefresh - monitoring the health status of ECC blocks and refreshing blocks intermittently to advance data retention
- Power Failure Protection - minimizing the time data is housed in the cache to prevent data loss during unexpected power outage
- Dynamic Wear Leveling - ensuring that the use of the NAND is spread out to extend the SSD's lifespan
All ZOTAC SSDs are backed by a limited three year warranty.
- Capacities: 240GB and 480GB
- Phison quad-core controller
- 3000 PE Cycle and up to 480 TBW
- 7mm height, 2.5" SATA III SSD drive
- Seq. Read: up to 520MB/s
- Seq. write: up to 500MB/s
- Up to 512MB DDR3 cache