1. Features, specifications
Earlier this year, Toshiba introduced the FlashAir III Wireless SD Card, a third generation memory card that serves as its own wireless LAN access point, allowing you to share images, videos and files wirelessly. Compared to previous generation the FlashAir II Wireless SD Cards, the latest models offer enhanced photo sharing and management features, you can quickly designate which photos to instantly share and manage files from a web browser on a PC more easily.
In addition to Class 10 speed for data transfer, the FlashAir III Wireless SD Card's Internet pass-through feature allows users to access the card and Internet (via your separate wireless router) simultaneously - enabling the ability to upload images in real-time. Using a wireless LAN chip, The FlashAir III Wireless SD Card is accessible to any wireless capable computers, smartphones or tablets, and can support simultaneous access from up to seven devices. In addition, the built-in Wi-Fi access point also allows for transfers without an Internet connection.
Toshiba FlashAir III Wireless SD Card is easy to set up. Just like the regular wireless LAN access point, the wireless connection can be secured with WEP, WPA or WPA2.
Toshiba also offers a free FlashAir mobile app that allows you to share via iOS and Android-based devices. The FlashAir III Wireless SD Card is backed by a five-year standard limited warranty.
The Toshiba FlashAir III Wireless SD retails for $79.99 MSRP3 for 16GB and $99.99 for 32GB. The latter model is what we are having in our labs and we will shortly present it to you.
- Share and Access your content wirelessly
- Choose and share your favorite photos by date with Photo Share
- Easily transfer photos and videos from your FlashAir III card to your mobile device through a Wi-Fi connection.
- Access the internet and your FlashAir III card through your mobile device using the internet pass-thru feature
- Wirelessly access the content on your FlashAir III SD card from your PC and Mac with the FlashAir drive function
- Easy Set Up
- Easy to set up the wireless connection from laptops, tablets or smart phones. No Internet connection required.
- Compatible with most SD-compatible digital cameras.
- Low Power Consumption
- Wireless function can be switched ON/OFF when necessary to prevent wasteful power consumption of the battery.
- Compliant with SD Association Memory Card Standard.
- Multiple Platforms, Simultaneous Connections
- Photo and video sharing up to 7 devices (e.g. PCs, Macs, laptops, tablets, smart phones) simultaneously, without the need for internet connection.
- Free FlashAir app available for iOS and Android devices.
- Peace of Mind
- 5-year standard limited warranty included
- Card capacity: 16GB, 32GB
- Speed Class: Class 10
- Compliant standard: SD Memory Card Standard Ver.4.00
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Wireless LAN Security: WEP, TKIP, AES (WPA, WPA2)
- Product requirements2
- Devices: Devices compatible with SDHC Memory Card
- OS (for config): Windows Vista/7/8, Mac OS X (V10.6.8 – 10.10), iOS4, Android4
- Browser: Internet Explorer 9 or later, Safari 5.1 or later
- Applicable formats: .jpg, .mpg, .raw
- Power Supply Voltage: 2.7 - 3.6V
- Operating Environment:
- Temperature: -25 to 85°C
- Humidity: 95%RH (at 25°C, no condensation)
- Exterior Dimensions:
- 1.26in(L) x 0.95in (W) x 0.09in (T)
- Weight Approx.
- Approx. 2g
- Approx. 0.005 lbs