2. CD, DVD reading tests
2. CD, DVD reading tests
3. Defected CD reading tests
4. Defected DVD reading tests
5. Testing platform - About the Quantized IQB Omni CD DVD Analyser
6. CD-R writing tests - Taiyo Yuden @48x
7. CD-R writing tests - RITEK @48x
8. CD-RW writibg tests - Verbatim @32x
9. DVD+R writing tests - CMC MAG M01 @18x
10. DVD+R writing tests - DAXON AZ3 @16x
11. DVD+R writing tests - MCC 004 @20x
12. DVD+R writing tests - PRODISC R05 @16x
13. DVD+R writing tests - YUDEN T03 @22x
14. DVD-R writing tests - CMC MAG AM3 @18x
15. DVD-R writing tests - MCC 03RG20 @18x
16. DVD-R writing tests - PRODISC F02 @16x
17. DVD-R writing tests - TTH02 @16x
18. DVD-R writing tests - TYG03 @22x
19. DVD+R DL writing tests - MKM 003 000 @10x
20. DVD+R DL writing tests - RITEK S06 076 @16x
21. DVD-R DL writing tests - MKM 03RD30 @10x
22. DVD+R DL writing tests - MKM 04RD30 @12x
23. DVD+RW writing tests - MKM A03 000 @8x
24. DVD-RW writing tests - MKM 01RW9X01 @6x
25. DVD-RAM writing tests - M01J5006 @5x
26. DVD-RAM writing tests - MXL22 @12x
27. Summary of writing tests, Overburning, Bit setting
28. Final words
In this page we check the reading abilities of the SH-S223F burner with all the supported CD and DVD formats. For our CD and DVD transfer rate tests, we used the Nero Disc Speed utility.
For each CDSpeed graph, you can click on the image to see the complete screenshot, including full measurements.
- US RW
The following CD Speed graph shows the reading performance with US-RW media. Reading reached a maximum of 40x, as per the specifications.
In the CD Speed Advanced DAE quality test, the drive's average speed was 27.82X with a quality score of 100.
A typical DAE task with an 80min non-protected Audio CD produced 29.2X average ripping speed.
- 90/99 mins Audio disc
Now let's take a look at how the drive performs with DVD media. This time, a set of SL and DL DVD media was used. The drive is capable of reading at 16X maximum speed for single layer DVD ROM and at 12X for dual layer DVD ROM media.
DVD-ROM SL media -
PTP DVD-ROM -
The two layers of a PTP DVD-ROM disc are read sequentially with the drive starting reading from the inner part of the disc, which is the beginning of each layer, progressing towards its outer range.
OTP DVD-ROM -
The first layer of an OTP dual layer DVD-ROM is read exactly the same way as the first layer of the PTP disc we tested previously. The difference here is the reading strategy of the second layer of the disc. The beginning of the second layer is located in the outer part of the disc, so the drive starts reading from the outer tracks and progresses towards the inner part of the disc.
- DVD+R DL
-DVD RAM (2-5x media)
-DVD RAM (12x media)
- DVD Video Ripping
Ripping of a single layer DVD movie:
- Summary of reading tests
A very good performance from the Samsung drive, showing high reading speeds while maintaining integrity for the read-out data.