Samsung Electronics today announced three new devices: the Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018), a convertible tablet with a 360-degree 13-inch display; the Notebook 9 (2018) and the Notebook 9 Pen
Designed for working professionals, students and those looking for entertainment, the Notebook 7 Spin (2018) offers modern features including a 360-degree touchscreen ; an Active Pen (sold separately) for note-taking; as well as the power and performance for more efficient multi-tasking.
At CES 2018, Samsung will showcase the new Notebook 7 Spin (2018) and a variety of features including:
- 360-Degree Rotating Touchscreen - Provides the flexibility to view content as preferred, whether it be as a tablet or as a traditional PC in landscape mode
- Active Pen-enabled - Lets users create a sketch or jot down notes on the fly
- Secure Fingerprint Log-in - Through simple fingerprint scanning, users can quickly log-in with Windows Hello and keep files secure in their own Privacy Folder
- Power and Performance - Runs on Windows 10 operating system and equipped with an Intel i5 processor and 256GB SSD drive
- Voice Note - Advanced smart recording featuring an integrated far field microphone to capture every detail of important meetings, which can be stored and shared via Samsung Cloud
- Battery and Backlit Keyboard - Extended battery power to keep users connected throughout the day
- Studio Plus - For users who wish to express their creative side, Studio Plus allows them to produce personalized movies featuring their favorite photos and videos
The Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) will be available in select countries starting in the first quarter of 2018 in the U.S.
Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) Product Specifications
|PROCESSOR||8th i5 Quad Core|
|LCD||13.3” FHD PLS|
|DIMENSION||315.8 x 215.4 x 18.5mm|
|PORTS||USB-C, USB 3.0 x1, USB 2.0x 1, HDMI, HP/Mic|
|SECURITY||Fingerprint, Windows Hello, Privacy Folder|
|KEYBOARD||Backlit KBD, Keystroke 1.5mm, Curved keycap
Clickpad (Precision Touchpad)
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen
The Notebook 9 Pen 2-in-1 PC features a full metal chassis with premium magnesium aluminum - lighter than aluminum - alloy called Metal12 for increased durability and lightness at 2.2 pounds. The 360-degree hinge allows you to convert to a tablet from a laptop by rotating the keyboard behind the screen.
The Notebook 9 Pen provides convenience with a built-in, refined S Pen that gives you the freedom to doodle, write, sketch, paint and more with Windows Ink. The S Pen is battery free, built into the device and designed for immediate use. The S Pen can recognize 4,096 levels of pressure with a fine 0.7mm tip and convenient tilt detection to allow a more natural writing and drawing experience.
Samsung Notebook 9 (2018)
With three different versions offering a 13.3" to a 15" screen and enhanced graphics capabilities, the Notebook 9 (2018) weighs up to 2.84 pounds and measures 15.4mm. The bezel around the screen measures 6.2mm. This means great portability without sacrificing screen size, as well as a stronger, more durable metal body featuring Metal12. The new line-up lights up some of the best of Windows 10 - including your digital personal assistant Cortana, Windows Hello, Windows Ink, protection with Windows Defender and more.
Other features include:
- Made from Metal12 complemented by Micro Arc Oxidation (MAO) technology, both devices are lighter than most metal laptops, yet durable with the MAO treatment of oxide coating on the surface.
- Built-in security: Windows Hello is built-in with Windows 10 for secure authentication through the fingerprint sensor without having to type in a password, while the Notebook 9 Pen also features an IR front-facing camera for facial recognition login through Windows Hello.
- RealView display
- Performance: Both devices also feature the latest 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor and Samsung Dual Channel Memory for speed without reduced performance or speed.
The Samsung Notebook 9 Pen and Notebook 9 is available in select countries starting in December 2017 in Korea, and in the first quarter of 2018 in the U.S.