The DJM-850 retains its predecessor's most popular features, inherits the build of Pioneer's club-standard DJM-900nexus, and adds a few effects of its own.
The black DJM-850-K and silver DJM-850-S will be available from late March 2012 at a SRP of 1,499 EUR/1,299 GBP each, including VAT.
Key features of the DJM-850
- The DJM-850 boasts an integrated sound card, enabling simultaneous input and output with 24-bit/96 kHz processing, so there is no deterioration of sound quality as it passes through the mixer.
- With three sampling rates (96 kHz/48 kHz/44.1 kHz), the DJM-850 can be used for music recording and production as well as expert DJing.
- Connection to PCs or laptops requires just one USB cable, so DJs can start mixing their stored music immediately. And software devotees can make the most of scratch control thanks to the mixer's compatibility with the timecode feature on Digital Vinyl Systems, such as Traktor.
- Pioneer's utility tool launches as soon as the DJM-850 is connected to a computer, allowing DJs to configure the mixer, sound card and audio routing according to their personal preferences.
- The DJM-850 harnesses the power of the popular studio technique of sidechaining to add a new element to Pioneers simple Colour Effects without making them any more complicated to use.
- By engaging the Beat button, another dimension of control is automatically added when you apply the Colour Effects. The Beat Colour Effect 'listens' to the audio input of each channel and directly connects the rhythmical changes in volume to another parameter: resonance for Filter and Crush, beat repeat for Cutter and ducking volume for the Noise Effect.
- The mixer offers DJs 13 enhanced Beat Effects. Along with old favourites, the DJM-850 inherits the Reverb and tripped out sound of the tape echo-inspired Spiral Effect from the DJM-900nexus. And, exclusive to the DJM-850, Pioneer introduces Up Echo, which produces a more reserved and controllable mix.
- Replicating the sound effects achieved by the DJM-900nexus's touch-sensitive X-Pad, the 'FX Boost' function allows the Level/Depth knob to work more proactively than a standard Wet/Dry Control. Turn the dial to the 12 o';clock mark for a fully wet effect and turn it further to add Pitch Up to Up Echo and a High-Pass Filter to the Reverb.
- Each channel is home to a three-band equalizer (+6 dB to -26 dB) or three-band isolator (+6 dB to -26 dB).
- Emulating the isolator on Pioneer's installation-grade DJM-1000, the DJM-850's equalizer straddles the range from -26 kill to complete kill.
- Sound reproduction with reduced noise interference is guaranteed thanks to the DJM-850's components: a 32-bit output D/A convertor; a 32-bit digital signal processor; the separation of analogue and digital circuitry; and the shortest possible transmission path.
- The DJM-850's interface mirrors the user-friendly layout of Pioneer';s club-standard mixers for ultimate familiarity, wherever DJs perform.
- The internal parts of the DJM-850's high-performance faders are nestled well out of harm's way, so drink spillages aren't the disaster they are with other mixers.
- Pioneer's P-Lock Fader Caps prevent the faders from slipping off accidentally during rough use.
- Fully MIDI assignable, the DJM-850 also serves as a MIDI controller.
- The USB port is located on top of the mixer so DJs can easily switch between connectable devices.
- The mixer automatically reverts to standby mode if it is not used for a set period of time.