Pioneer DJS Software
Pioneer is well known and respected among DJs for their CD Decks and Mixers. Apart from hardware products, Pioneer also offers a software solution for DJs, the Pioneer DJS Software. We decided to take a quick look and find out its good and bad points from this mid-priced software. Pioneer also offers a fully working download version for you to try out.
- Pioneer DJS Software
DJS is a PC-based software solution for the growing number of DJs who prefer mp3 files to vinyl, CD or DVD. DJS is designed for both mobile and home DJs, with full-scale DJ mixing on a PC. The software offers the same playability and functionality as Pioneer’s Pro DJ products, using a PC interface instead of the familiar hardware, CDJ turntables and DJM mixer. This new software is as intuitive as Pioneer's CDJ turntables and it offers many of the same features, including cue/loop points, scratching, beat synchronisation and more.
DJS software combines several elements of Pioneer’s professional digital CD decks and mixers with a host of features that include:
- Auto mixing
- Waveform display for indicating playing position and cue/loop points
- BPM synchronisation and beat synchronisation
- Eight effects including Delay, Echo, Auto Pan, Trans, Filter, Flanger, Reverb and Pitch Shifter
- Fader start function for controlling the playback of two players (channel, fader and cross fader)
- Create function for setting four points for cues or loops in a track
DJS has a ripping function for converting CD, and Wave files to mp3. It also incorporates an effects suite based on the effects of the DJM-600. The Graphical User Interface is quite straightforward and easy to understand, especially for all those who have been using Pioneer's CDJs and DJM hardware Mixers. Actually, the DJS software follows the same functional design of the pro equipment. The interface includes everything a Professional DJ needs to be able to see, including: time, BPM, mixer controls, jog dial, hot cue buttons, etc. In addition, the software has a “SYNC” feature to automatically beat match the cued track to the track that is playing.
- System requirements
Pioneer DJS does not have especially high system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / Professional / Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Intel® Pentium® M 1.5GHz or faster (or a comparable processor at 1.7 GHz or faster)
- 512 MB RAM or more
- Screen resolution of 1024 X 768 pixels or better
- Built-in or external audio output
- CD-ROM drive 250 MB or more of free hard disk space (excluding the capacity needed for storing .mp3 and other files)