Kingston Digital today announced the release of IronKeyD300 and IronKey D300 Managed encrypted USB Flash drives. Both drives deploy an advanced level of encryption that builds on the features that have made IronKey a well-respected name when it comes to safeguarding sensitive information. Kingston acquired the USB technology and assets of IronKey in February 2016.
IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified, with 256-bit AES hardware encryption in XTS mode. The drive's exterior is made with a zinc casing and waterproof to 4 feet while the interior components are encased in a tamper-evident epoxy seal for physical security. IronKey D300 employs digitally signed firmware, making it immune to the BadUSB malware, and it enforces complex password protocol with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access. Encryption and decryption is done on the drive with no trace left on the host system and the drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid attempts, to protect against brute force attacks.
IronKey D300 managed requires IronKey EMS by DataLocker which allows central management of drive access and usage across thousands of drives. IronKey EMS is a flexible management solution as it can be either cloud-based or on premises. It enforces drive-specific policies such as password strength and retry limits, and lets administrators remotely disable lost or stolen drives, recover lost passwords and more.
IronKey D300 and IronKey D300 Managed drives offer fast USB 3.0 data transfer rates and are available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities. Both drives are backed by a five-year warranty.
IronKey D300 & IronKey D300 Managed Features & Specifications:
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB & 128GB
Speed: USB 3.0 speed:
- 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
- 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
- 32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- 64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
- 128GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
- USB 2.0 speed: 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB-128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 3.06" x 0.9" x 0.47" (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
- Waterproof / Dustproof: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
Minimum System Requirements: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0
Two (2) free drive letters required for use
- Standard Drive: Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Windows Vista(SP2), Mac OS X v.10.9.x ? 10.11.x, Linux v.2.6x+ (4)
- Managed Drive: Compatible with: Windows10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Windows Vista (SP2), Mac OS X v.10.9.x ? 10.11.x