Kingston Digital, Inc. today announced KC2500, its next generation M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD for desktop, workstations and high-performance computing (HPC) systems.
The KC2500 NVMe PCIe SSD uses the latest Gen 3.0 x 4 controller and 96-layer 3D TLC NAND. It offers speeds of up to 3,500MB/s read and up to 2,900MB/s write.
The SSD is available in capacities up to 2TB housed in a compact M.2 2280 form factor that saves space for other components while allowing users to take advantage of PCIe speeds. The self-encrypting SSD supports a security suite for end-to-end data protection using AES-XTS 256-bit hardware-based encryption. It allows the usage of independent software vendors with TCG Opal 2.0 security management solutions such as Symantec, McAfee, WinMagic and others. KC2500 has built-in Microsoft eDrive support, a security storage specification for use with BitLocker.
The KC2500 is currently available in 250GB, 500GB and 1TB capacities with 2TB shipping soon. The SSD is backed by a limited five-year warranty.
KC2500 NVMe PCIe SSD
- Supports a full-Security Suite: TCG Opal 2.0, XTS-AES 256-bit, eDrive
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 Lanes
Capacities: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- Controller: SMI 2262EN
- NAND: 96-layer 3D TLC
- Encrypted: AES-XTS 256 bit
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 250GB – up to 3,500/1,200MB/s
- 500GB – up to 3,500/2,500MB/s
- 1TB – up to 3,500/2,900MB/s
- 2TB – up to 3,500/2,900MB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write:
- 250GB – up to 375,000/300,000 IOPS
- 500GB – up to 375,000/300,000 IOPS
- 1TB – up to 375,000/300,000 IOPS
- 2TB – up to 375,000/300,000 IOPS
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 250GB – 150TBW
- 500GB – 300TBW
- 1TB – 600TBW
- 2TB – 1.2PBW
- Power Consumption: .003W Idle / .2W Avg / 2.1W (MAX) Read / 7W (MAX) Write
- MTBF: 2,000,000
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support