1. Introduction / Retail Package
G.skill is a name that produces products mainly for enthusiasts and overclockers, supporting high-memory modules for both Intel/AMD systems. The AMD platform has support for EXPO technology that automatically gives users the maximum performance of the kit, provided that the memory supports it, you can think of it as the XMP profiles for the AMD platform. G.Skill has many memory modules for the AMD platform, and as many people speak about, the sweet spot for the current AM5 generation processors is the 6000MHz with the lowest possible memory timings. For those users, G.skill has introduced the Trident Z5 Neo RGB series and especially the F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR, a 32GB memory kit that supports not only EXPO profiles but also RGB lighting as well.
Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 memory is designed for ultra-high overclocked performance on DDR5-enabled AMD platforms. Featuring AMD EXPO overclocking technology for easy memory overclocking on supported AMD platforms, the Trident Z5 Neo RGB series is the ideal choice for building high-performance systems.
Blazing Performance DDR5 for AMD Ryzen
Designed for DDR5-enabled AMD platforms, Trident Z5 Neo RGB is created from high-quality, hand-screened DDR5 DRAM ICs to achieve high overclocked memory performance on DDR5 AMD platforms. To unleash overclocked memory performance, the Trident Z5 Neo RGB comes with AMD EXPO (EXtended Profiles for Overclocking) support to allow a simple memory overclocking experience in BIOS.
Dual-Textured Streamline Design
Incorporating hypercar elements, the Trident Z5 Neo RGB is designed with a sleek and futuristic exterior. Featuring a black brushed-aluminum inset into a matte black body with precision CNC highlight stripes and topped with a translucent light bar optimized for smooth RGB lighting, the Trident Z5 Neo RGB is ideal for a multitude of PC build themes.
Engineered for Exceptional DDR5 Experience
Each Trident Z5 Neo RGB memory kit is tested under G.SKILL's rigorous validation process to ensure outstanding quality.
Streamlined RGB Light Bar
Designed with a streamlined light bar, the Trident Z5 Neo RGB looks sleeker than ever. Featuring customizable RGB lighting through the G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control software or supported third party motherboard software, personalizing the colors and lighting effects of the Trident Z5 Neo RGB is a breeze.
Sync Up with System Lighting
Want to sync up your system lighting? You can use Asus Aura*, Gigabyte RGB Fusion*, MSI Mystic Light*, or ASRock Polychrome Sync* software to personalize the colors and effects of your Trident Z5 Neo RGB memory and compatible motherboards!
* Note: Trident Z5 Neo RGB lighting control support through the listed third-party software may vary between motherboard models.
AMD EXPO Support
Just set and go. Programmed with AMD EXPO overclocking profiles, the only thing that stands between you and awesome performance is a simple BIOS setting.*
* Enable the EXPO profile in the BIOS to reach up to the rated overclock speed of this memory kit. Maximum memory speed and system stability depends on the capability of the motherboard & CPU.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
All G.SKILL memory products come with a limited lifetime warranty and the G.SKILL technical team is always ready to provide consumers with complete technical support via online forum, telephone, and email.
- Full specifications
- Memory Type DDR5
- Capacity 32GB (16GBx2)
- Multi-Channel Kit Dual Channel Kit
- Tested Speed (XMP/EXPO) 6000 MT/s
- Tested Latency (XMP/EXPO) 30-38-38-96
- Tested Voltage (XMP/EXPO) 1.35V
- Registered/Unbuffered Unbuffered
- Error Checking (ECC) Non-ECC
- SPD Speed (Default) 4800 MT/s
- SPD Voltage (Default) 1.10V
- Fan Included No
- Warranty Limited Lifetime
- Do not mix memory kits. Memory kits are sold in matched kits that are designed to run together as a set. Mixing memory kits will result in stability issues or system failure.
- Memory kits that are "Intel XMP 3.0 Ready" only includes XMP, and memory kits that are "AMD EXPO Profile Ready" only includes EXPO.
- Prior to enabling XMP or EXPO, memory kits will boot at default BIOS settings with compatible hardware.
- For memory kits with XMP or EXPO, enable XMP/EXPO/DOCP/A-XMP profile in BIOS to reach the rated potential XMP or EXPO overclock speed of the memory kit, subject to the use of compatible hardware.
- Reaching the rated XMP/EXPO overclock speed and system stability will depend on the compatibility and capability of the motherboard and CPU used.
- Usage in any manner inconsistent with manufacturer specifications, warnings, designs, or recommendations will result in lower speeds, system instability, or damage to the system or its components.
- Retail package
The retail package of the Triden Z5 Neo RGB follows the usual G.skill design theme and we can say its very attractive. The retail price is much higher than other DDR5-6000kits we have tested and reaches ~$200 over Amazon.com. Before buying this memory, we advise you to also visit the G.Skill QVL support page for checking out your motherboard compatibility.
Opening the box unveils the contents. You will find both modules (2x16GB) in a plastic case that protects them during transportation.
There is a small printed warning/manual inside.
The memory modules have a nicely designed heat-spreader that at the top includes RGB lighting.
At the back, you will find the supported running speed and other information. The memory modules at the tallest area are 4.2cm, which however shouldn't trouble you unless you are running a very small case/big cooler. The memory modules come from SK. Hynix H5CG48MEBDX014 (M-die).
The G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB is based on Sk.Hynix chipsets.