EnGenius recently introduced a new series of Network products call "FIT" that is supposed a much cost effective solution for small business or homes who wish to get maximum performance from EnGenius network products, with great support and ton of features. Today we will examine the EWS357-FIT Access Point.
The EnGenius Fit Managed EWS357-FIT Wi-Fi 6 2x2 dual-band
indoor wireless access point is a business-class device
that provides secure and reliable high performance while reducing capital and operating expenses for cost-conscious small businesses. With support for the latest 802.11ax technology, this access point is capable of delivering maximum speeds of 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz frequency) and 1,200 Mbps (5 GHz frequency).
Manage your network onsite or on-the-go through our FitXpress cloud-based mobile app or web portal. Additionally, FitController gives you greater control of your network using plug-n-play hardware with embedded network management software. Admins can easily view detailed analytics from a single pane of glass as well as monitor and troubleshoot issues instantly.
- Dual concurrent 802.11ax architecture & backward-compatible with 11ac/a/b/g/n client devices; 2x2 antenna.
- Supports up to 1,200 Mbps in 5-GHz frequency band & 574 Mbps in 2.4-GHz frequency band.
- Manage your network onsite or on-the-go through our FitXpress cloud-based mobile app or web portal.
- FitController gives you greater control of your network using plug-n-play hardware with embedded network management software.
- Setup in minutes with app-based step by step instructions.
- Quick-scan device register, remote monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Real-time system metrics, analytics, and remote configurations.
- No access point licensing or subscription fees.
- Uplink and downlink of OFDMA improves transmission to APs and client devices.
- Target wake time for power-saving of client & IoT devices.
- Uplink & downlink of MU-MIMO for optimal signal & reception reliability for up to 2 devices.
- BSS coloring for tagging packets with a “color” to differentiate between adjacent basic service sets.
- Spatial reuse identifies color sets via BSS coloring & simultaneously transmits on the same channel, reducing transmission waiting time and contention.
- GigE PoE-Compliance with 802.3af & 48V PoE input for flexible installation up-to 328 feet.
- Mesh wireless support simplifies setup, optimizes signals & self-heals.
- Technical Specifications
IEEE 802.11ax on 2.4 GHz
IEEE 802.11ax on 5 GHz
Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Qualcomm® Quad-Core CPU ARM Cortex A53s @ 1.0GHz
2 x 2.4 GHz: 4 dBi
2 x 5 GHz: 5 dBi
Integrated Omni-Directional Antenna
1 x 10/100/1000 BASE-T, RJ-45 Ethernet Port
1x DC Jack
1 x Reset Button
1 x Power
1 x LAN
1 x 2.4 GHz
1 x 5 GHz
Power-over-Ethernet: 802.3af Input
Maximum Power Consumption
Wireless & Radio Specifications
Dual-Radio Concurrent 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz
2.4 GHz: 2400 MHz ~ 2482 MHz
5 GHz: 5150 MHz ~ 5250 MHz, 5250 MHz ~ 5350 MHz, 5470 MHz ~ 5725 MHz, 5725 MHz ~ 5850 MHz
Up to 22 dBm on 2.4 GHz
Up to 22 dBm on 5 GHz
Tx Beamforming (TxBF)
Radio Chains/Spatial Stream
Two (2) spatial streams SU-MIMO for 2.4GHz and two (2) spatial streams SU-MIMO for 5GHz up to 1,774Mbps wireless data rate to a single 11ax wireless client device under both the 2.4G Hz and 5GHz radios.
Two (2) spatial streams Multiple (MU)-MIMO for up to 1200 Mbps wireless data rate to transmit to one (1) two streams MU-MIMO 11ax capable wireless client devices under 5GHz simultaneously.
Two (2) multiple (MU)-MIMO for up to 574 Mbps wireless data rate to transmit to one (1) two streams MU-MIMO 11ax capable wireless client devices under 2.4GHz simultaneously.
Supported Data Rates (Mbps):
2.4 GHz: 9 to 574 (MCS0 to MCS11, NSS = 1 to 2)
5 GHz: 18 to 1200 (MCS0 to MSC11, NSS = 1 to 2)
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 36, 48, 54
802.11n: 6.5 to 300 Mbps (MCS0 to MCS15)
802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 Mbps (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 2)
Supported Radio Technologies
802.11ax: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA)
802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
802.11ac/a/g/n: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple (OFDM)
802.11ax supports very high throughput (VHT) —VHT 20/40/80 MHz
802.11ac supports very high throughput (VHT) —VHT 20/40/80 MHz
802.11n supports high throughput (HT) —HT 20/40 MHz
802.11n supports very high throughput under the 2.4GHz radio –VHT40 MHz (256-QAM)
802.11n/ac/ax packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-SPDU
802.11ax: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM
802.11ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CC
8 SSIDs for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios.
Supports 802.1q SSID-to-VLAN Tagging
Cross-Band VLAN Pass-Through
Supports 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol
QoS (Quality of Service)
Compliant With IEEE 802.11e Standard
v1, v2c, v3
I/II, Private MIB
WPA2 Enterprise (AES)
Hide SSID in Beacons
MAC Address Filtering, Up to 32 MACs per SSID
Wireless STA (Client) Connected List
Environmental & Physical
Operating: 32ºF~104ºF (0 ºC~40 ºC)
Storage: -40 ºF~176 ºF (-40 ºC~80 ºC)
Operating: 90% or less
Storage: 90% or less